PDA

View Full Version : So what your favorite starting point and why?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sir Sigmund
14-05-2005, 19:45
With so many players out there just curious as to what your favorite country/starting point is?

Like to see where you all like starting and why? :cool:

Ghost
14-05-2005, 19:54
Well i havent had this game for long and i started to play as Nicea and still am.
When i feel satisfied with my Byzantine empire i will try other nations, but for now im having fun with my Nicean empire.

Rulkiewicz
14-05-2005, 20:43
Any Peroid: Poland.

For obvious reasons. :go:

Ukrainik
14-05-2005, 21:54
I like to start at any eastern european nation that has either boyars or steppe cavalry. What can I say I'm cheap :rolleyes: ... and ruthless :evil:

Smirnov
14-05-2005, 22:46
Muscovy ... and yeah, I was born in Moscow :D.

NaVatar
14-05-2005, 22:47
I prefer to play as nations with one provinces and bad income at the beginning (i have found that KOH is very easy even at hard!) so i must fight hard and play tactic to stay alive :biggrin:

Right now i'm playing as Sicily at Early and I have declared war too about every Europe-nation i can get my hands on and some arabic nations too and it's quite funny Tough, but fun :biggrin: .

BASHER of the Reaching Woods
14-05-2005, 23:10
Since I'm an American. And I cant be in the North American.... :) And since I am a English/German... So there it is. Hehehe!

Smirnov
14-05-2005, 23:17
Nah, Siciliy is too easy, you start out with coastal provinces which means you can get Admiralty right away.. try starting somewhere in the middle of Europe far away from the coast , hehe :). No admiralties = no kingdom advantages .

Picotrain
15-05-2005, 04:56
I'm like NaVatar. I like to play as 1-2 province nations, especially those who have the opportunity to unite kingdoms, and grow from there. So far my favourite game was one started with Dobrudzha (sic) which then united Bulgaria and proceeded to almost wholly conquer Europe. My current game has me as Normandy, who have since united England and own all but 3-4 provinces in Eastern Europe (Kazan doesn't seem to want to give up).

Elvain
15-05-2005, 08:50
If you would search in the forums you would find this thread:
Favourite kingdom and highest score (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=3166)
it already has some tradition here on the board...

Sir Sigmund
15-05-2005, 20:59
Well Basher I am like you, live in America, but I was born in Germany. My historical flavors is German Knights, Teutonic Order and the Holy Crusades. Any books I can get my hands on I read, and reseach those time periods and places.

So I think I be playing a lot in those 3 areas, but only really been able to play Bohemia so far.

BASHER of the Reaching Woods
15-05-2005, 22:48
Ya, Sir Sigmund. I like that Crusades stuff and I really liked the Teutonic Order...FUN! :cheers: Ive tryed the Bysantine.(sp?) Its easy...To easy.

I need to try that Islam thing.

Ldvs
15-05-2005, 22:54
Brittany is my first campaign. Like many others, it is a matter of location (where you're born or live...).

Sir Sigmund
16-05-2005, 00:00
Now I have to agree trying the Islam point of view I would have to change a lot of my battle tactics. If we did what Saladins and the Muslim armies do, it will work. Just wonder if the AI uses the same tactics. But playing on the other side of history can also allow you to appreciate what the others must of felt like.

Illuminatus!
16-05-2005, 23:58
Now I have to agree trying the Islam point of view I would have to change a lot of my battle tactics. If we did what Saladins and the Muslim armies do, it will work. Just wonder if the AI uses the same tactics. But playing on the other side of history can also allow you to appreciate what the others must of felt like.

Imagine what history would be like if Islam had stayed in Spain and even continued through Western Europe...or conquered it.

NaVatar
22-05-2005, 01:16
There is no "if" in history :wink:

Gabo
22-05-2005, 06:35
I have only played Granada (finished), Athens (not finished)..So far the most challenging is Athenas.

batulimaboy
22-05-2005, 07:34
Try to play as Spain (1 city) only...
Choose hard level...

Elvain
24-05-2005, 01:08
There is no "if" in history :wink:there is one....
if... it happens in Knights of Honor... it can be all changed.

For instance I have united Byzantine empire from Trebizond and it was quite good feeling...

I also prefere smaller kingdoms like Bohemia (place I live) and Armenia(somehow found interest about this country). But for testing I use also many others, mostly: Serbia, Bulgaria, Mameluks, Lithuania, Germany.
But my best game yet really was Trebizond and Armenia with Bohemian conquest of most of Europe looong ago. It is fun untill it is challenge

Traveller
24-05-2005, 08:32
I also prefere smaller kingdoms like Bohemia (place I live) and Armenia(somehow found interest about this country).
I'm now playing with Armenia, too. I'll soon add my current status in your thread. And btw about the thread: Now I see I was on normal with Bulgaria, not easy, so please change it. I started the game looong ago and I had forgotten what it was.

For now I've played only with Bulgaria and Armenia, tried Kazan but quickly stopped it. And ofcourse, Scotland and Bohemia from the demo. :wink: