PDA

View Full Version : Calling crusades!!!

Da Bomb
18-05-2005, 04:23
I have become rather annoyed lately at the idea of calling for a crusade. When my cleric becomes Pope, which happens rather frequently, I have heard in Multiple places that I can call for a crusade. I click on the Pope, only excommunicate or make Pope leave your royal court. No call for crusade. I can click on my marshal and send him on a crusade, but then I can't control him after that and it's like when the pope normally calls for a crusade. Is there anything I am missing? Can I determine who goes on a crusade? Can I control them or do anything that I can't already do? Thank you for clearing this up. :go:

Elvain
18-05-2005, 07:53
you can only determine who will be sent to crusade. For instance try to hire completely new kinght.Don't give him any troops and then send him on a crusade and he will have that big crusader army. But yes, this is the only benefit. Then after your crusader (not being controlled by you) conquers a city, you can either take it into your kingdom or establish loyal vasal state there with your (former) marshal as king. So, Don't send princes on crusades!

Angryminer
18-05-2005, 11:10
I find it especially good to send princes on crusades, because they will annex the province instead of becoming a king of a vasall-nation. Also, the prince remains at your court, so you can call him to yet another crusade. :viking:

Angryminer

batulimaboy
18-05-2005, 12:04
I think we should be given more control about the crusaders....
I mean control which city to attack and the more option after taking down the city...

Da Bomb
18-05-2005, 22:10
What is annexing?

Elvain
18-05-2005, 22:13
in the game. If you annex a province (you can do it with your spy being a merchant) the province joins your kingdom. Is it ok?

Angryminer
18-05-2005, 22:14
Annex, to:
Go to the province-citadell, burn the occupants flag, raise your own one, make everyone obey your commands.
:wink:

Or in simplier words: Conquer. :go:

Angryminer

Smirnov
19-05-2005, 00:54
Holy crap, I can't believe I didn't know princes doing crusades annex the province!! That's awesome!