PDA

View Full Version : Can a Plundered Village be Restored?

Dogge
19-05-2005, 19:21
Hello all,

I have a simple question. I’m playing Poland (Catholic) and some foreign rebel army with an 8-star leader (a famous rebel) has plundered a village in one of my provinces before my (literally) crawling army ever got there. So now the village is nothing but a black spot on a green, grassy land. Can I get this village back somehow, or is it lost forever?

Oh and while I’m at it; I have heard somewhere that the spy can be used for counterespionage. So in order to have a CE going should I hire a spy and just have him on the ‘Knights’ bar doing nothing or…?

This game is awesome!

Dogge

PS. Sorry if this topic has already been covered before. I ran a search but found nothing, so.

Ernst
19-05-2005, 19:26
Hi

1. The village will recover after a while. Just be patient.
2. You do.

Traveller
19-05-2005, 19:27
First, about the spy, as I'm sure about that: Yes, you just hire a spy and leave him to do his job in the Royal Court. Ofcourse, he might be a spy himself (double-spy, I mean) and could spy on you in the same time...
Second, I'm not that sure about the villages, but I think they restore by themselves in the time. I think that also the Builder Knight can help in this matter.

Heretic
19-05-2005, 19:29
Welcome to Forums, Dogge! :cheers:

As about Your question.
When I play and when some army have plundered my villages, they mostly appears from the ruins again in a while. Hehe, then that plundering parasitizing army comes back and plunders "reborned" village again and again untill I get angry and crash them with marshall.

Dogge
19-05-2005, 21:09
Thanks to everyone for answering, and labai dekoju Heretic for the warm welcome. :cheers:

I noticed that these foreign rebels mostly come after I’ve been idle for a while (i.e. no wars, etc.). This really entices me to conquer the territory they come from, but my kingdom has grown to such a size now that I prefer having a mostly diplomatic era, so to speak, with minor skirmishes here and there. Really, with an income of 1500+ there’s nothing money can buy! :bowl:

BTW is there anybody stronger than the Feudal Knight (except the Knight, who can’t be bought (?))?

I’m also thinking about having a little blitzkrieg against a (very powerful) ally in the north. Does anyone know whether it has any effect on my reputation (e.g. kingdom power, relationship, etc.) if I declare war after all my armies are positioned on enemy territory?

Thanks

Da Bomb
19-05-2005, 21:29
yes. If you have any relationship besides white peace with another country breaking relationships hurts your kingdom power. The better the relationship, the lower it drops. It's like 1 for a trade agreement, 2 for a pact of non-aggression and 3-5 sometimes for alliance pact. Sometimes it depends on other forces I don't know but those are the basics.

Elvain
20-05-2005, 10:22
if you break alliance, you suffer decrease of Kingdom power. And when you attack a country with good or better relations, it is the same.

But with income 1500+ kingdom power is not problem for you... (unless you have more than 30 provinces) However your reputation among other kingdoms will be ruined if you do so. Send there a spy and try "nasty gossip" and maybe it will make them to break relations. Or keep attacking countries they are kin or allied with that kingdom. Your relations will turn worse and then maybe the kingdom itself will break agreements with you :go:

Angryminer
20-05-2005, 10:35
Is it possible that the AI breaks relations with ithe player? I often saw the AI threaten me with breaking relations. Over hours. Every about 30 minutes "Threat to cancel trade agreement", but nothing happened.
When once playing as Ulster I activated the AI for my country and bsswitched to another country. Guess what, within three minutes the other AI-kings canceled 4 trade agreements and a non-agression-pact with AI-lead-Ulster. This experience was made in the difficulty setting "hard".

Angryminer

Elvain
20-05-2005, 10:38
I had once trade agreement broken (for sure) and I'm not sure but think that once some kingdom broke also non-agression pact.

Angryminer
20-05-2005, 10:48
The one or two breaking of trade-agreements may be a spy-action (note: when the trade agreement is broken also the NA-pact will be broken).
Especially in the modded settings spies are around quite often. :wink:

Angryminer

Elvain
20-05-2005, 11:03
there wasn't any spy at the time

Da Bomb
20-05-2005, 21:16
Yea I have like income of over 2000 per turn so you wouldn't think kingdom power would be much but I have like 45 provinces so whenever it goes down it costs like 45000 to go up one!! It gets quite annoying because sometimes I just flat out want to torture a spy to figure out who he is so I do it til something happens. It's stupid though because sometimes they confess or die after one of the tprtures but I had one spy survive ten times!!!!! Then I was -2 after paying the first three off and it was like 30000 a pop to re-increase it.

Illuminatus!
21-05-2005, 00:46
In the demo, occaisonally countries will threaten me with cancellation of trade agreements (they've always followed through) when I do a lot of raiding in one of their allies/near-allies. Also, some countries I had relations with had been forced to break agreements (including non-agression pacts or marriage alliances) as a condition of peace.