PDA

View Full Version : playing in windowed mode?

All My Heroes
19-05-2005, 22:39
ok is there a way to do this?
KoH has recently been a little annoying. it just minimizes itself for no reason....like every 5 minutes XD

i searched forums and found that you have to edit the .ini file but i cant find that. anyone know any other way?

Angryminer
19-05-2005, 23:52
I'll just tell you how to modify the ini-file...

Head to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\Insert_Your_UserName_Here\Application Data\Black Sea Studios\Knights Of Honor. Please note, that the folder "Application Data" may not appear on the screen, but it is actually there. If it doesn't show up either activate the drawing of hidden folders in your explorer or enter the directory name manually into the addressbar.
Then open the file KoH.in2.
In the file there is a line that reads "fullscreen = 1". Replace the "1" with a "0", so the line reads "fullscreen = 0" now. Save the file.
Start KoH. Finished. :go:

Angryminer

Gabo
20-05-2005, 01:14
Ok thi will come handy for me too. I hope the performance improves aswell.

Da Bomb
20-05-2005, 03:23
What does changing the 1 to a 0 do? Why would it start as 1 also? Please explain.

Angryminer
20-05-2005, 10:29
"1" is the binary expression for "true". When the option "fullscreen" is set to 1, the game will start in fullscreen mode.
In the contrairy, "0" is the binary expression for "false". When the option "fullscreen" is set to 0, thus false, the game will not start in fullscreen mode, but in a neat window. :go:

Angryminer

Da Bomb
20-05-2005, 21:12
Why would you not want it full screen?

Angryminer
20-05-2005, 22:37
Counterquestion:
Why would one prefer blondes over brunettes? :wink:

Angryminer

iakin
21-05-2005, 11:30
I prefer windowed mode.
That way I can see when I get mail, someone writes to me on ICQ/MSN, etc

All My Heroes
21-05-2005, 16:25
exactly, i kind of like to multitask when im playing games. so...yeah =P
oh and thanks angryminer. i finally found that damned folder.heh

elbasto
21-05-2005, 20:35
I prefer brunettes over blondes.

ebulon
28-06-2005, 05:38
I'm not particular. I'll take one of each. But on topic, can I make the window larger? Window mode is great but I'd like it to cover more realestate.

CarolusPelegrinus
30-06-2005, 06:48
Definitely brunettes!... I'm a lucky guy with a 2-monitor system (2048x7??, Big screamming Nvidia card that I got from a garage sale that a failed dotcomwas having)... so I always have stuff poping on the other monitor. I've had a lot of games that weren't stable on this config (i.e. tropico, pirates) but KOH handles it beautifully!

Innocence
30-06-2005, 08:08
KoH has recently been a little annoying. it just minimizes itself for no reason....like every 5 minutes XDIt definately sounds as if you've got some program/utility (or spyware?) causing your windows desktop to gain focus every 5 minutes, thus forcing any fullscreen application to minimize. Going to windowed mode should work around this problem, but it might be a good idea to find the cause of this issue nevertheless (like spyware scan).
I prefer brunettes over blondes.So which one it True and which is False?