PDA

View Full Version : Taxes

Freyland
20-05-2005, 04:09
Can someone please explain exactly how taxes really help? I know it is supposed to be dependent on "happy citizens", but how many do I need to earn any $? My only province, which is fully populated, makes no tax money on normal taxes, makes "1" gold if I govern it with a Merchant. Could someone clue me in?

Jonathan

All My Heroes
20-05-2005, 07:05
well there are other ways to make gold.
for starters theres trade, then having vassals. of course theres also taxes when you conquer more territory(sp?)

simply put dont depend on taxes.

Elvain
20-05-2005, 10:26
the population can rise with buildings built in province. The more buildings is built, the more population you have in the province=higher income from taxes

Freyland
20-05-2005, 18:51
@Elvain... Absolutely. I just felt that the amount of money generated by taxes, a common major source of income for countries of all time periods seemed to be very under-represented compared to other, lesser, sources, hence my confusion. Thanks for helping!

@..Heroes... I asked about how taxes work, not how to make money period. I don't even know why you bothered to post.

Jonathan

Angryminer
20-05-2005, 19:03
Freyland: That's exactly what I thought two weeks ago. That's why I modified the game so now taxes are the major source of income. I released my changes together with my mod, Glory of God 1.5.

Angryminer

Da Bomb
20-05-2005, 21:18
Angryminer, I'm sure you have it posted elsewhere but in your version GoG 1.5 if taxes are the major income did you make the taxing morale-citizen thing become higher or lower?

Angryminer
20-05-2005, 22:40
I changed the financial system to the following:
1. Cut down town-tributes to about a half.
2. Raise the taxes/villager to a degree that the player has enough money to survive.
3. Adjust the trade-revenues so they are a nice "addon".

If you mean the rebellion-risk-penalty from tyrannic taxes... no, it's unmodified.

Angryminer

Freyland
20-05-2005, 23:34
Wow, thanks Angryminer! I still am playing my first game un-modded to learn WTH I am doing, but that makes me all the happier to install your mod next time around!

Have a good weekend,

Jonathan