PDA

View Full Version : I hate the pope!

Pages : [1] 2

Gustavus Adolphus
21-05-2005, 17:15
Am I the only one that thinks its dumb that the pope excommunicates me for want to call a crusade on a muslim kingdom? I might understand catholic kingdom.... but muslim, thats stupid. Does the difficulty you set the game at affect this? And further more im the one who made him pope by retaking rome and restoring the papacy! I really want to kill that guy.

Da Bomb
21-05-2005, 19:10
I still don't understand. How can you choose who you want to crusade against? Must you have the Pope in your possession? Please explain my visions of the Pope and crusading is semi-unclear.

elbasto
21-05-2005, 20:29
They posted the answer for that in another thread.

The pope must be in your court, you declare war to the kingdom you want to crusade against, you must have certain amount of piety to be able to call for a crusade and finally, you call the crusade.

Da Bomb
22-05-2005, 02:23
But what if you are at war with multiple countries?

elbasto
22-05-2005, 03:40
then I guess, you can crusade against multiple countries.

Gustavus Adolphus
22-05-2005, 04:09
Try it out for yourself. Get a 5 star cleric and make your kingdom one of the top ones. Im starting to think that guys worthless. (Unless you want to excommunicate yourself) :lol:

Largefry07
22-05-2005, 04:41
I find that having the pope in your court is rather worthless. I can only do very little without him excommuicating you and it takes up a slot in your court, not to mention lossing a skilled cleric. To slove this problem I leave my cleric duties to my King. Your king can't be elected pope and you don't have to worry about him being a spy either.

batulimaboy
22-05-2005, 07:23
I find that having the pope in your court is rather worthless. I can only do very little without him excommuicating you and it takes up a slot in your court, not to mention lossing a skilled cleric. To slove this problem I leave my cleric duties to my King. Your king can't be elected pope and you don't have to worry about him being a spy either.

I agree...
I will let my king be the cleric...
If I hired another cleric, I will choose among the princes. Then I will make them become 4 stars only. Don't want them elected as the Pope.

Da Bomb
22-05-2005, 18:20
Yea. I think your king and prince(s) are best suited for spies (because they can't be enemy spies which always happens as a big country that I am) and clerics (no Popage and they won't steal my land if they are governing a province.

Gustavus Adolphus
22-05-2005, 18:24
I find that having the pope in your court is rather worthless. I can only do very little without him excommuicating you and it takes up a slot in your court, not to mention lossing a skilled cleric. Exactly what i think! Hes worthless. And about having king as cleric, the only problem with that is he can be killed if the people don't want to be converted. Also he dies of old age, it seems to me very quickly. Thats another thing about the pope, he lives a long time. Like i went throught 2 kings and my pope is still alive and well. :lol:

Da Bomb
22-05-2005, 18:29
Well look at all the popes today. All them and the cardinals are all ancient!

Largefry07
23-05-2005, 01:14
Exactly what i think! Hes worthless. And about having king as cleric, the only problem with that is he can be killed if the people don't want to be converted. Also he dies of old age, it seems to me very quickly. Thats another thing about the pope, he lives a long time. Like i went throught 2 kings and my pope is still alive and well. :lol:

That's a risk you have to take. To help with this I make sure I have an heir ready when my king is converting provs. So if he dies, you won't lose one of your valued knights. If you are a larger nation, you should be able to educate your king very quickly, if you have build unveristies and churchs.

I agree...
I will let my king be the cleric...
If I hired another cleric, I will choose among the princes. Then I will make them become 4 stars only. Don't want them elected as the Pope.
That wouldn't do you any good. I've had a 3 star cleric become pope. So might as well make him a 5 star.

batulimaboy
23-05-2005, 12:09
Why don't have option of Pope calling for peace between nation?
I don't like too much war!!!

Elvain
23-05-2005, 13:15
Why don't have option of Pope calling for peace between nation?
I don't like too much war!!!
that would be a great idea :go:

I think this game lacks peace. F.i. in peace conditions or in demands there are only negative actions like break agreements or declare war, but not sign NA pact or sign peace with. In some cases it would be also worthy(to make some strong kingdom sign peace with your small ally who's about to be eliminated)

batulimaboy
23-05-2005, 15:26
I hope Pope can play a role as the negotiater...
Making peace for keeping the small nation...
Not calling too much War... (well, must have a reason for war)

elbasto
23-05-2005, 16:38
can a king become pope?

Gustavus Adolphus
23-05-2005, 17:23
I don't know. Have to try that. :scratch:

elbasto
23-05-2005, 18:01
I don't have the game :( still.

batulimaboy
23-05-2005, 18:06
can a king become pope?

No...
A king never been the Pope (although he is a 5 star cleric)...

Da Bomb
24-05-2005, 00:02
I had two clerics once but surprisingly the worse one became Pope. I had one I gave 2 stars and another that got one star from successfully converting and it became pope.