PDA

View Full Version : What To Do When the Well is Full?

Pages : [1] 2

Dogge
22-05-2005, 15:23
My kingdom stretches itself on half of the continent. It takes me million years to send forces just about anywhere. I earn way more than I need (4000), so diplomatic relationships always tend to be corrigible. The other kingdoms represent some pesky little amorphous dots on the world map that always bother me with demands and requests the compliance with which will give me more things I don’t need! Next to the might of my kingdom, the other country’s threats are downright pitiful. My religion and books are getting to a thousand within a couple of minutes. If I want, I can already win the game by procuring all Kingdom Advantages, but this is sort of uninteresting.

Question: what the hell is there to do now (save for starting over / switching difficulty level)??? :scratch:

I mean, conquering the entire continent now seems to be a matter of time and patience, not interest and challenge.

Angryminer
22-05-2005, 16:38
Once I have reached the hegemony over europe (that means I have over 25 provinces and no one can threaten me anymore) I usually ask myself what made it too easy for me to become mighty, mod a bit so it becomes harder and start a new game.

Angryminer

Da Bomb
22-05-2005, 18:22
Well lots of us out here aren't good modders and don't plan on modding anytime soon so anything for the rest of us since there really isn't like a mod-easy area. I thought you had to go into files and do stuff there not like a simple program that BSS made so it doesn't seem very attractive to me.

elbasto
22-05-2005, 18:30
try not converting and/or adopting any more provinces.

It's rebel pandemonia! or it should be.

Ldvs
22-05-2005, 21:01
You reached a point where I don't bother going on. I simply call for a vote in order to be elected.
If you no longer find the original game challenging, I suggest you try the mods, and choose the one that suits you better. It really makes the game harder.

Ammurit
28-05-2005, 06:07
You reached a point where I don't bother going on. I simply call for a vote in order to be elected.
If you no longer find the original game challenging, I suggest you try the mods, and choose the one that suits you better. It really makes the game harder.

Have you ever run into a situation where you aren't elected? I have a kingdom with 80 provinces, but when I call for an election, I still lose.

Angryminer
28-05-2005, 11:59
The election isn't really about power. It's about good relations.
Get marriages, alliances etc. Then the other rulers will elect you.

Angryminer

Ldvs
28-05-2005, 15:13
The election isn't really about power. It's about good relations.
Get marriages, alliances etc. Then the other rulers will elect you.

Angryminer
Exactly. If you want to make sure they'll vote for you, your relationships must be "Harmonious". So you know what to do next: bribe them, bribe them all!!! :biggrin:

Ammurit
29-05-2005, 06:12
Exactly. If you want to make sure they'll vote for you, your relationships must be "Harmonious". So you know what to do next: bribe them, bribe them all!!! :biggrin:

I throw so much money around that the relationship map is entirely green, but I avoid alliances and marriages, so that's probably where my problem is. I just don't like the idea of being asked to attack another kingdom because I have an alliance with, or am married to, a kingdom that is at war.

Crimm
29-05-2005, 06:41
I have a similar situation on this play through. I took Byzantia in Early, just because my first campaign (Scotland in middle) took far too long.

I have 70 provences (and not a single vote in the elections). My kingdom power is over 10k, the closest is 3000. Right now I'm just seeing how many wars I can manage at once. Lithuaina and Kazzan, two small rebelions and I'm still not challenged.

I'm in no rush to go into western Europe (Besides Lithuania and Kazzan I own all of the East), because it is too many small nations in alliances. I just don't feel like repelling sieges of pesants with no siege machines. It's easy, it's funny, but it is pretty dull after a while.

I wish I had a rival, but starting as such a strong power, in an area of weak ones, I never had a rival to square off with. Figthing and defeating your rival is rather fufilling.

HappyAdolf
29-05-2005, 11:40
there's a cheat with which you can swith to another kingdom.
just click on teh kingdom you want to play, press enter an type bsswitch , then you control this kingdom, can buld it up to a powerful one, and finally switch back to your original country by clicking on the country, pressing enter and typing bsswitch again.
Then you have two big kingdoms, and aginst one you can have war.
It is also very challenging to be at war with a one-province-country, having conquered 3/4 of the world, and then switch to this small one-province-country and try to win the game...

Gabo
29-05-2005, 16:18
:oogle2: Didn't know that. Gonna try it soon

Ldvs
29-05-2005, 16:50
I throw so much money around that the relationship map is entirely green, but I avoid alliances and marriages, so that's probably where my problem is. I just don't like the idea of being asked to attack another kingdom because I have an alliance with, or am married to, a kingdom that is at war.
But if you want to win right now, just make alliances with the six most powerful kigdoms behind you and call for a vote immediately, otherwise there's no point in bribing them :wink:

Talisien
29-05-2005, 17:52
I have another question. I have played days and days, but never got elected a pope. How on earth do you get you cleric to be elected pope?
I had the same problem with Novgorod, never had a patriarch, even if I had all of the world converted and conquered except for England and Almohads. How do you make you are the patriarch??

I've playing quite a while and still could not figure these things out, if som1 could help me out, that would be magnificent. Thanks

Illuminatus!
29-05-2005, 20:09
there's a cheat with which you can swith to another kingdom.
just click on teh kingdom you want to play, press enter an type bsswitch , then you control this kingdom, can buld it up to a powerful one, and finally switch back to your original country by clicking on the country, pressing enter and typing bsswitch again.
Then you have two big kingdoms, and aginst one you can have war.
It is also very challenging to be at war with a one-province-country, having conquered 3/4 of the world, and then switch to this small one-province-country and try to win the game...

I wish I had a rival, but starting as such a strong power, in an area of weak ones, I never had a rival to square off with. Figthing and defeating your rival is rather fufilling.

Short of happyadolf's cheat, after you've built up your huge empire in the east (or wherever), you could make an alliance with some western (or eastern or northern, etc.) power that is somewhere between mostly neutral towards or somewhat hated by everyone, and reinforce their armies at as many battles as possible...Once you've built them up to be something resembling a super-kingdom (possibly to the point where the world is divided up between the two of you), break the alliance and declare war. One mega-empire versus the other. :angry:

Sator
30-05-2005, 18:28
Newsflash: Even if you divide the world in two (fairly hard to manage IMO), the AI will still su$k - after loosing it's best armies, it will just recrut useless units (read peasants). I play only Hard. In my last game i used Teutons (goddamn imbalanced with the availability of Teutonic Knights and Feudal Knights AND Crossbowmen as kingdom special units. Only longbowmen and horse archers are more imballanced) and while i plowed trough central europe with my armies, i allied with sweden and helped them take eastern europe. After a while i had 50+ provinces, and sweden was close behind with 38 or so. I got bored, so i signed peace treaties with the small 2-3 province nations that were currently picking away at me with pitchforks and concentrated on Sweden, hoping for a good fight. ... Too bad :nono: I ripped them to shreads with only 2 of my marshals! True one was really experienced, having lvl 3 Engineering, Healing, Ballistics, Fanaticism and Tactics, but the other one was a complete noob!!! (i believe that tutoring the weak marshals with the guidiance of the elite ones is the best way to go). I didn't even lead the battles, except when i was bored and i wanted to feast my eyes on 4 squads of 3* crossbowmen and 2 balistae lighting the defenders like torches :evil: IMO the only way for you to have a challenge when you reach that stage of gameplay is to either hire a marshal that turns out to be a 5* spy and instigates a revolt, therby turning all of your elite marhsals and armies against you, or your king dies without an heir and 90% of your provinces turn in to small kngdoms, all at war with you. Try one of the two (second one relying on pure luck tho) and i guarantee you'll be in for a long battle. :go:

Anguille2
31-05-2005, 08:42
Newsflash: Even if you divide the world in two (fairly hard to manage IMO), the AI will still su$k - after loosing it's best armies, it will just recrut useless units (read peasants). I play only Hard. In my last game i used Teutons (goddamn imbalanced with the availability of Teutonic Knights and Feudal Knights AND Crossbowmen as kingdom special units. Only longbowmen and horse archers are more imballanced) and while i plowed trough central europe with my armies, i allied with sweden and helped them take eastern europe. After a while i had 50+ provinces, and sweden was close behind with 38 or so. I got bored, so i signed peace treaties with the small 2-3 province nations that were currently picking away at me with pitchforks and concentrated on Sweden, hoping for a good fight. ... Too bad :nono: I ripped them to shreads with only 2 of my marshals! True one was really experienced, having lvl 3 Engineering, Healing, Ballistics, Fanaticism and Tactics, but the other one was a complete noob!!! (i believe that tutoring the weak marshals with the guidiance of the elite ones is the best way to go). I didn't even lead the battles, except when i was bored and i wanted to feast my eyes on 4 squads of 3* crossbowmen and 2 balistae lighting the defenders like torches :evil: IMO the only way for you to have a challenge when you reach that stage of gameplay is to either hire a marshal that turns out to be a 5* spy and instigates a revolt, therby turning all of your elite marhsals and armies against you, or your king dies without an heir and 90% of your provinces turn in to small kngdoms, all at war with you. Try one of the two (second one relying on pure luck tho) and i guarantee you'll be in for a long battle. :go:

You really should try the mods available.

Picotrain
31-05-2005, 13:47
Despite the game's flaws in AI, I find it hard to believe that anyone could declare themselves Emperor, not win, have the top 6-7 countries automatically go to war with them (if they didn't vote for you) and not find this challenging. When you're that big, most of these countries will be on your doorstep, so if you're playing at hard level having countries attack you at all sides should be difficult to manage, especially considering the small number of knights the game allows for. Also, this late in the game, I doubt that the top nations will have peasants as the only unit in their military. If it were me, and I was feeling unchallenged, I'd try and declare myself emperor (I've had strong allies vote against me) and go to war with the strongest nations. Although personally, I like taking all the provinces on themap (a feat which I've yet to accomplish on hard).

Sator
01-06-2005, 20:16
Hmm, no they recruit other units, but they are nowhere near to what a country of this size should have.. Anyway war with the top 6 is nothing special. I've done it, and the biggest problem you would have is loosing a few outback provinces, before turning your attention to the "pitchfork club" that's trying to annoy you :rolleyes: and 5 marshals could dominate the whiole world easily, considering you convert and adopt the nelwy conquered provinces.. Also, about the mods: i don't know why, but fan-made modifications to the games have always annoyed me. I know that it's a lot of work, i apreciate you guys doing it but i feel that only the creators have a right to change anything. If i'm certain that the project hase been abandoned and there will be no future patches, i might try them out.

Lord Garady
02-06-2005, 23:50
well how do you go on election
i am new in the game and here
and whats a mod that you are all talking
HI EVERYONE