PDA

View Full Version : Can't build the military units I expect to

dminoz
28-05-2005, 02:40
In some provinces, I don't seem to be able to build all the military units that I expect to able to; I've built a training ground, an axe maker, a swordsmith, a spearmaker, a fletcher, an armory... and yet I can only build axemen, and recruit peasants and bowmen. Yet in another province, I can build everything I expect; men-at-arms, spearmen, horsemen, etc. And I can't tell any difference between what I've built in the two provinces.

The issue is not food -- there's plenty.

It's not that the icons for units I can't build are there but greyed out -- they're just not there at all. What am I missing? What's the missing factor? Is it to do with the capabilities of the province? If so, how do I tell what a province can build, prior to wasting resources on building things like armourers or swordsmiths?

batulimaboy
28-05-2005, 07:28
Each kingdom has their own special unit.
Also each province (town) has their own local unit.
You can check the unit available for every province in the Political View.

Elvain
29-05-2005, 22:16
and also this availability doesn't change by buildinngs built.

F.i. scale armourer in Ulster will never enable you to buy cataphracts there.

Iuvenis Scriptor
30-05-2005, 16:08
I have the same problem with seige weapons. I put a marshal in a town that has a seige workshop, but when I click the recruit button, no seige weapons show up. No grayed-out icons. Nothing.

Gustavus Adolphus
30-05-2005, 16:09
I have the same problem with seige weapons. I put a marshal in a town that has a seige workshop, but when I click the recruit button, no seige weapons show up. No grayed-out icons. Nothing.
Probably it is because he dosen't have the skill. To do this, give him the engenieering skill so he can have seige weapons.

Angryminer
30-05-2005, 16:20
Also, to construct siege weapons you have to click on one of the four siegecraft-slots left from the 9 squad-slots.

Angryminer