PDA

View Full Version : Increase kingdom power

phase
28-05-2005, 17:02
Hi, i just started playing playing KoH a few days ago, loving it very much. I have one problem tho, in the help it says you improve your kindom power by investing gold and piety, what does that mean exactly? And how do you increase your kingdom power?

Thanks in advance.

Ldvs
28-05-2005, 18:50
You simply have to click on the number indicating your current kingdom power to increase it, provided you have enough gold and piety to do so. The bigger your country, the more expensive.

Illuminatus!
29-05-2005, 01:17
Hi, i just started playing playing KoH a few days ago, loving it very much. I have one problem tho, in the help it says you improve your kindom power by investing gold and piety, what does that mean exactly? And how do you increase your kingdom power?

Thanks in advance.

If you're still not sure, go through the tutorial again...

Anguille2
30-05-2005, 10:57
I just buy KP when it's lower than 0....otherwise it feels like cheating.

Gustavus Adolphus
30-05-2005, 16:07
I just buy KP when it's lower than 0....otherwise it feels like cheating.
Get all the exotic trade goods. It can get alot harder with 2000 of your money going into exotic goods.

Anguille2
30-05-2005, 16:27
Get all the exotic trade goods. It can get alot harder with 2000 of your money going into exotic goods.

Yes...that hurts indeed

Da Bomb
30-05-2005, 19:02
Why would you purposely want your Kingdom power that low...

Anguille2
31-05-2005, 08:45
Why would you purposely want your Kingdom power that low...

At O, it feels just like the right challenge for me. Higher levels give me just too much money and i don't have to pay to much attention to my people as they are mostly happy (not enough rebellions). But then...everyone plays the way he wants :go:

Traveler
31-05-2005, 11:02
Hey, that's a good idea (to keep the KP low)! It increases the challenge! :go:

Elvain
31-05-2005, 11:40
the highest challenge it is at -5 :)

but I would rather call it crisis :lol:

Angryminer
31-05-2005, 11:55
I call -5 normal when talking about AI-kingdoms. *sigh*

Angryminer

Elvain
31-05-2005, 12:05
unfortunately it is normal when speakingabout AI kingdoms. That is why I support some AI kingdoms that seem to have potential, but have negative KP. But they never increase it over 0 unless they are 1-2 realm kingdom

Angryminer
31-05-2005, 12:22
The problem is:
- Once the AI enters a war it spends its money on military structures and armies.
- After several defeats the AI has no money left.
- All new soldiers will be peasents, once the AI has reached the necessary 50 gold for them.
- Kingdom power decreases by chance (dishonor alliance, etc.).
- The increasing of kingdom power is by far more expensive than the peasent-squads, so the AI buys the peasants first.
- Rebels pop up due to war-exhaustion and low kingdom power.
- The AI tries to recruit even more peasants. Even if peace is close, the rebels will again and again defeat the peasant-armies.
- The AI has still no money to increase the kingdom power because it still recruits peasants.
- The rebels declare independence. Another empire has fallen.

The solutions I can think of:
a) Smart AI that keeps the Kingdom Power high
b) Cheap Kingdom Power (boring for the player)
c) Honorful, peaceful AI (boring for the player)
d) Easy rebels (boring for the player)

Angryminer

Elvain
31-05-2005, 12:46
or another choice, little cheating for AI:
1) geeraly smarter AI
2) cheaper KP increase for AI than player
3) KP penalties lower for AI than for player