PDA

View Full Version : Princesses

dminoz
31-05-2005, 18:54
Is there any advantage to marrying your princesses off? As far as I can work out, all it's doing is giving some other kingdom the possibility of claiming some land off you later on. Is there a reason I shouldn't just let them stay single?

Baghera
31-05-2005, 19:00
Marrying off a Princess makes your people happy :bday: and vastly improves your relationship with the people you marry her to :cheers: . If you stay friendly with the king who married her he probably won't ask for land later on. If you are relatively powerful & stable you can easily refuse any land claims.

You are right that it is a little risky so, as with any other diplomatic move, be careful.

Angryminer
31-05-2005, 20:13
You can always claim enemy-territory when the other king passes away before your king does. I usually make sure he dies before my king with a spy. :dwink:

Angryminer

dminoz
31-05-2005, 21:52
Hey, that's devious. I like it.... :cheers:

Gustavus Adolphus
31-05-2005, 23:41
also having a princess or queen in there court improves the chances of your spy being hired.

dminoz
01-06-2005, 15:01
Actually, I think I might have just noticed another positive effect of having a princess married off. Playing as Cordoba, I had married her off to Burgundy in order to buy an alliance. A while after that, the Pope declared a Crusade against me. One of the armies that appeared on my territory was, to my surprise, from Burgundy. However it was tiny -- just a Marshall and one other figure. Before doing anything else, I offered a White Peace, which was instantly accepted.

Is it possible that the Burgundy AI only sent a small army, to satisfy the Pope's demand, because of our Royal Marraige? And could the Marriage also be the reason for Burgundy accepting the White peace? After the Peace was agreed to, our relations were still "Harmonious".

It was almost as though he was saying, "Hey, I'm only going through the motions here, work with me on this..." Could it have been my Princess at work?

Grizpin
01-06-2005, 17:14
I think it's just a randomly selected unit that the AI dispatches. I've had several marshalls immediately sent on crusades after suffering heavy losses from battle. One of them went by himself :lol:

Gustavus Adolphus
01-06-2005, 18:40
I think if the pope makes them call a crusade and they are weaker than you, they almost always accept peace. Several of myne have even accepted vassalage. :lol:

Da Bomb
02-06-2005, 03:32
Yea I will have like great relations or better than neutral with countries. They get called for a crusade against me, I demand vassalage, and wallah!