PDA

View Full Version : Spies.. Ugh..

The_Ar
02-06-2005, 09:48
I like the idea of spies, but it seems every spy I use turns into a marshall. Doesn't the AI know how to use other types of knights? I think once I may have got a merchant out of a spy.

Angryminer
02-06-2005, 10:31
The AI will recruit knights as it needs them. Due to the high mortality-rate among marshalls the AI often recruits marshalls. The other knights die very seldomly, so they are recruited seldomly, even though they are used regularly.
But there is a way to influence poor nations into recruiting knights...
The idea is: Poor kingdoms don't have the money to affort a lot of knights. As a "good and helpfull neighbour" you can help them out with some thousand goldpieces. They say thanks and recruit your spy :wink: .
But then the income of the poor kingdom is propably negative and your spy will be expelled once the kingdom treasury hits zero. You propably want to take all "necessary actions" before that...

Small tip: Search young kings that not yet have a queen. Once your spy is hired as a spy at the enemy court, marry off your daughter to them and kill the king (You can also do that on the battlefield if the king is currently a marshall). That's a very nice and effective way of raising the chance to inherit provinces :evil: .

Angryminer

Lord Richard I
02-06-2005, 10:44
Question: How do You kill the king, other then combat.

Angryminer
02-06-2005, 10:52
When your spy is hired as a spy at the enemy court you can assassinate him. :wink:

Angryminer

Lord Richard I
02-06-2005, 10:57
When your spy is hired as a spy at the enemy court you can assassinate him. :wink:

Angryminer

Thanks...I will try that against southern Spain.

Largefry07
02-06-2005, 21:09
I have used that opition many times. My latest was to assassinate the doge of Papacy. Turns out that he didn't have any heirs and one of my other spies (who was a marshall) ended up as the Doge.

You can only guess what I did then :biggrin:

Lord Garady
03-06-2005, 00:05
what m8
hi i am new

Lord Richard I
03-06-2005, 01:59
You do know that you can see who has royal heirs in the political screen . the little crowns One is a king like crown and one is a queen crown. They stand for heirs . If there is the king crown, it means ther is at lest one prince and the female crown means there is at lest one princess. Also sometimes the information check tells you if there is any princes and even if they are at risk in the battlefield.

Lord Garady
03-06-2005, 21:55
yeah and then we make other
but they are already to :censored: OLD and :angry: angry and :puke: CRAZY

Crimm
03-06-2005, 22:37
You do know that you can see who has royal heirs in the political screen . the little crowns One is a king like crown and one is a queen crown. They stand for heirs . If there is the king crown, it means ther is at lest one prince and the female crown means there is at lest one princess. Also sometimes the information check tells you if there is any princes and even if they are at risk in the battlefield.
That only means there are unmarried heirs. Assuming you are somewhat close, and have some sort of relations with the state, you should be able to get "they have no heirs" from spies report.

Illuminatus!
03-06-2005, 23:36
That only means there are unmarried heirs. Assuming you are somewhat close, and have some sort of relations with the state, you should be able to get "they have no heirs" from spies report.

In the demo, at least, you're told if the king has no heirs in "Rumors" - no merchant or spy necessary. Might be different in the full game, though.