PDA

View Full Version : The sour Catholic-Muslim relationship...

greenguy
02-06-2005, 17:17
I am playing as the Mameluks and I am constantly being attacked by the Crusaders. I am the largest nation in the world at the moment. I am at war with no one and have neutral relationships with every nation in Europe.

Is there any steps I can take to reduce the number of crusades being sent against me or to stop the crusades all together?

Gustavus Adolphus
02-06-2005, 18:45
Eleminate the papacy. :plot:

Heretic
02-06-2005, 20:42
I had Crusaders problems when played with Fatimids and when begun the conquest of Europe (first entrenched in Balkan South-Eastern part). Crusaders haunted around, but it was very funny to kick them out and throw these Crusader leaders to prison.
I didn't do anything to reduce number of Crusade. Crusades continued till my Caliphate has grown huge and till I've eliminated Papacy, as far as I remember.

Gustavus Adolphus
02-06-2005, 20:46
Oh also if the call a crusade you could just ask for white peace. If you have good relations before that then they might even be your vassal. :lol:

Lord Garady
03-06-2005, 00:00
lol
but why do the europeans hate the other countrys so much to send crusades they
can burn them all and puff its over
lol i was kidding

Elvain
03-06-2005, 13:53
I am at war with no one and have neutral relationships with every nation in Europe.you are at war with those kingdoms who have sent their marshal as crusader. The more crusaders against you(so more catholic kingdoms you are at war), the higher probability of next crusade. Sign peaces with "crusaders"(their kingdoms) and there will be not som many crusades.

Also if you canquer Rome, you destroy papacy so there will be nobody to call crusades against you(but all catholics will start to hate you)

HappyAdolf
04-06-2005, 19:19
Eleminate the papacy. :plot:

Then all catholic empires will be upset and declare war on you :biggrin:

Gustavus Adolphus
04-06-2005, 22:20
Well, I didn't say it was a GOOD solition. But it works. :lol:

Lord Garady
05-06-2005, 00:27
lol and if all provinces were after us
that would be fun

Gustavus Adolphus