PDA

View Full Version : A few practical suggestions.....

imperatormike
03-06-2005, 04:55
A few things that have been bugging me, and solutions for them.

1) If it costs one population to raise a military unit, then disbanding one should add a population point.

2) If it costs one population point to raise a military unit, then it should cost population when a rebel army springs forth from the population of a province.

3) The day/night cycle is silly, change it to a seasonal cycle and you have something that is more relevant and realistic, not to mention less graphically annoying.

4) In the building construction grid, pre-place the building choices that would take maximum advantage of the province resources in the boxes in a greyed-out graphic so I don't have to hunt them down.

That's enough for now, I'm sure more will come to me when I start my saved game again.

ruggermike

DangerousMinz
03-06-2005, 15:43
Have to say, I agree with all those points. Especailly the first and forth ones!

Something for a new patch perhaps?

Elvain
03-06-2005, 16:17
3) it would be nice, but it would be piece of cake to deal with changing seasons.
Winter in Scandinavia is much longer than in France and it would be really strange to see snow every year in Egypt (I can't imagine other way how o show winter coming than snow)

Languish
03-06-2005, 16:54
Agreed with all except 3) to which i say just leave it at day.

eddieballgame
09-06-2005, 08:36
I think the DAY/NIGHT cycle is a nice feature. It effects the morale of troops & there is also a skill available ( Night Stalker ) which can be assigned to take advantage of nighttime warfare.

DangerousMinz
09-06-2005, 15:54
I cant say it bothers me one way or other - looks great visually though, and I think it serves the purpose of giving some concept of time.

Elvain
09-06-2005, 15:59
it is one of greatest features of the game. It adds it more need strategical thinking - march at night or wait untill morning=lose the advantage of surprise?

Year seasons would be even more challenging and also more realistic for time, but rather impossible on such map where are both cold Scandinavia and hot north Africa

Baghera
09-06-2005, 16:21
I wonder if seasonal weather could be implemented in a game (obviously not KoH v1.x) so that the seasons effect each province differently?
ie. snow more likely in the northern provinces or mountainous places making the ground almost impassible. In other provinces heavy rain might be more likely making movementdifficult but not impossible. Perhaps summer in North Africa could be so hot that troops get exhausted faster unless they are "desert troops". The same desert troops might have penalties in cold and wet conditions. Little touches like that could be very cool. :cool:

greenguy
09-06-2005, 16:21
Why would it be impossible? I imagine the programmers are capable of having weather effects in only some regions and not others.

Baghera
09-06-2005, 16:37
@Greenguy
Anything is possible, but at this stage I would not really expect the developers to make any gameplay additions. Just convincing them to make fixes to more obvious issues (easy ai) is a challenge. :sad:

KoH v2 (if it ever gets made) will hopefully benefit from suggestions that we post in these forums. Plus its fun to think "what if" :hello:

DangerousMinz
09-06-2005, 20:42
I noticed my game *randomly* crashed twice yesterday. Didnt even give an error message, just crashed right back to my Windows desktop. It happened after I won a battle, when the message appears telling you about the victory and the other time during a battle I'd won, just before the message appeared (whilst the enemy was fleeing, and the black bars, like widescreen TV were at the top and bottom).

Weird...Just as well I save regularly! LOL

Angryminer
09-06-2005, 21:51
That was propably not an error of KoH. Windows' memorymanagement has the bad habit of crashing software after while in unlucky combinations. Then there is just a plain CTD (CTDs can be caused on other ways, but sometimes they are caused this way). Then the computer should be rebooted, or windows will very soon crash the software again, and again, and again.
So my advice: Reboot after CTD often saves from even more CTDs.

Angryminer

Da Bomb
09-06-2005, 23:15
But that happened to me sometimes and people want to know why it happens, not just how to decrease the occurences.

Grand Duke Yaroslav II
10-06-2005, 01:58
id have to say i agree with 1 and 4