PDA

View Full Version : Normandy AAR

Pages : [1] 2

Languish
03-06-2005, 10:22
I only recently purchased this game but over at the Paradox Forums i have begun to write an AAR (After Action Report) for my game as Normandy (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200768) where I am attempting to Unite England and dominate Western Europe! It's perhaps all the more interesting because its my first ever proper game in Knight of Honour so I am kinda learning as I go. Anyway - please go and take a look sometime and let me know what you think! :)

http://photos12.flickr.com/17033248_b0aa1af40f.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/languishing/17033248/)

Languish
07-06-2005, 14:33
Well, unsurprisingly, the Paradox Forums are still down (this is bad, even for them)… so I thought I would quickly throw an updated picture on this forum (because this forum always seems to be up and running!)…

http://photos14.flickr.com/17662242_d41f002364.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/languishing/17662242/)

Spin
07-06-2005, 15:00
Hi Languish,

I'm looking forward to reading your AAR once ParadoxPlaza is up again.

P.S. I can't believe you took out France! (In my game as France, England is my best ally!)

Regards,

Spin

Angryminer
07-06-2005, 15:10
France just moved up to northern Germany. New location, new luck? :wink:

Angryminer

Spin
07-06-2005, 15:12
LOL@AngryMiner :lol:

Yes I noticed that, how nice!

Regards,

Spin

Elvain
07-06-2005, 15:47
hey, Ireland eliminated! that's new to me....

what is the next step? access to the Mediterranean and elimination of Burgundy?

theoverlord3
07-06-2005, 22:12
how did you make normandy faction become the england faction?? or did you just start a new campain as the english.

once you take out france, your unstoppable :cheers:

when i started as the english i faced 2 invasions!! at the same time.
1 from scotland :eek:
and 1 from castle :eek:
and i had germany marching an army towords my lands. :sad:

but, both the scotlish and the spanish forces tried to seige york and borduex but were wiped out. the german force was going to attack brittany, they ended up being attacked from the defening force. so i moved in and took the city.

i then crused scotland, whalse invaded but was destoryed i then took there land, then attack france from 3 palces, and slowly took over every thing. :lol:

Languish
07-06-2005, 22:38
Hi Languish,

I'm looking forward to reading your AAR once ParadoxPlaza is up again.

P.S. I can't believe you took out France! (In my game as France, England is my best ally!)

Regards,

Spin

I still can't believe the forums are down... when they are i will continue the story. France? I was surprised at how badly they performed. To be honest i had far more difficulty with the Irish that the French.

France just moved up to northern Germany. New location, new luck? :wink:

Although i almost destroyed them, i vassalised them and the jostled (successfully) for their independence, and since then they have been growing steadily.

hey, Ireland eliminated! that's new to me....

what is the next step? access to the Mediterranean and elimination of Burgundy?

This map, the second, is where i am right now. Burgundy are probably an easy target - but i am wary of warmongering further still. I need to improve my respect among my peers and start improving my marshals - several are level three and i have one level four. The recent production of 'Illustrated books' is set to seriously improve my ability to adopt populations, convert provinces and of course level up knights. Burgundy is an option though :)

how did you make normandy faction become the england faction?? or did you just start a new campain as the english.

once you take out france, your unstoppable :cheers:

Normandy can become England after a set series of conquests. I believe its the destruction of Wessex/Anglia and the ownership of Cornwall, Wessex, Anglia and York. To be honest i probably didn't need or have to attack France. However, being honest, several of their cities proved to be strategically useful, not to mention able to production a good 25% of my goods at that time.

CanDew
07-06-2005, 23:00
Normandy can become scotland after a set series of conquests. I believe its the destruction of Wessex/Anglia and the ownership of Cornwall, Wessex, Anglia and York. To be honest i probably didn't need or have to attack France. However, being honest, several of their cities proved to be strategically useful, not to mention able to production a good 25% of my goods at that time.

I think you meant to say "Normandy can become England..." :cool:

Languish
07-06-2005, 23:08
I think you meant to say "Normandy can become England..." :cool:

Oops! Ha-ha! (Edited!)

Largefry07
08-06-2005, 01:08
Just by looking at your map, the most logicaly tatic is to elimate Scotland. You must pervent a potental enemy so close to home. I would go for Burgundy next, then take out Loen and the rest of the Spainish pennisula. This would take out the possiblity of a southern invasion while you march on to the rest of Western Europe.

truckingpete
08-06-2005, 01:48
Interesting..I have been playing game as Normandy too and I am called the English too....I'll have to show a picture of what I conquered so far...I'll explain it now....

Entire modern France
Entire modern England
Entire modern Ireland
Two Southern proveinces of Italy..(DONT take Rome..all the Catholics will hate you :eek: )
Almost entire of modern Portugal
Four proveinces of Western Africa...

I think that's it...map would be better..I got a total of 35 proveinces...most powerful army....most hated...:D..all that good stuff

AND I AM STILL ATTACKING!!! :cool:

Languish
08-06-2005, 09:28
Just by looking at your map, the most logicaly tatic is to elimate Scotland. You must pervent a potental enemy so close to home. I would go for Burgundy next, then take out Loen and the rest of the Spainish pennisula. This would take out the possiblity of a southern invasion while you march on to the rest of Western Europe.

Scotland/Highlands have been an interesting nation at my kingdoms periphery. I have been unsuccessfully invaded by them once, agreed peace, built up harmonious relations and now we have a healthy trade agreement. Once or twice they have courted an alliance but I have declined. It's interesting you should mention Leon. Several times multiple nations have asked me to intervene there - does this mean that, because they are generally disliked, I will be more liked for attacking them? The path you have mentioned seems likely right now -> Burgundy -> Leon, although I am not so sure about Scotland. I guess it would be nice to have a safe 'backyard'.

Interesting..I have been playing game as Normandy too and I am called the English too....I'll have to show a picture of what I conquered so far...I'll explain it now....

Entire modern France
Entire modern England
Entire modern Ireland
Two Southern proveinces of Italy..(DONT take Rome..all the Catholics will hate you :eek: )
Almost entire of modern Portugal
Four proveinces of Western Africa...

I think that's it...map would be better..I got a total of 35 proveinces...most powerful army....most hated...:D..all that good stuff

AND I AM STILL ATTACKING!!! :cool:

I was contemplating taking the two southern italian provinces, ala the Normans in real world history, but am not so sure. I should be able to defend it alright to be truthful but in order to ensure I can move about freely I would probably capture Burgundy to the south. Access to mediterranean ports seems like a healthy idea right now. How come you have not conquered Spain? Or are you now? Would love to see the map and let me know you next moves too!

Languish
08-06-2005, 10:38
Paradox Forums are back up! :go:

Elvain
08-06-2005, 12:16
It's interesting you should mention Leon. Several times multiple nations have asked me to intervene there - does this mean that, because they are generally disliked, I will be more liked for attacking them? The path you have mentioned seems likely right now -> Burgundy -> Leon, although I am not so sure about Scotland. I guess it would be nice to have a safe 'backyard'.yes, if you attack Leon, it will improve your relations with all those who asked you to attack(or hate Leon)

truckingpete
10-06-2005, 01:22
I was contemplating taking the two southern italian provinces, ala the Normans in real world history, but am not so sure. I should be able to defend it alright to be truthful but in order to ensure I can move about freely I would probably capture Burgundy to the south. Access to mediterranean ports seems like a healthy idea right now. How come you have not conquered Spain? Or are you now? Would love to see the map and let me know you next moves too!

Just started attacking the current country on Spain. I took over 3...5 more to go I think 5? Plus I took over part of Norway....long way to go yet...don't know about my next moves...I'll try to get a picture tonight..once I take Spain..:D

Grand Duke Yaroslav II
10-06-2005, 01:52
Two Southern proveinces of Italy..(DONT take Rome..all the Catholics will hate you :eek: )I know what u mean! :lol: it happened to me before too... i thought if i would conquer rome id be able to call crusades :bday:

Elvain
11-06-2005, 01:20
oh, it seems that after 2 days, paradox forum has fallen again :bash:

Angryminer
11-06-2005, 10:49
I imagin a fierce fight taking place at the IT-department of paradox, with evil opressors once in a while assaulting the server-room and some days later the paradox-workers taking back the server-room... :wink:

Angryminer

Grand Duke Yaroslav II
11-06-2005, 19:42
that be a funny site