PDA

View Full Version : The King is dead! Long live the ???

Pages : [1] 2

DangerousMinz
03-06-2005, 15:40
Hello,

I've been playing the game for a while now, and love it - great fun!

I've have one question which also gets me...When the King dies, and their are no heirs to the throne, how (if at all) is possible to prevent huge rebellions?

I seems frsutrating to me, that there is no way to 'force' or somehow make the King have Princes! I read in another post that the Kings sons and daughters are generated randomly - to me this is bad since I've worked hard to build up a kingdom and have a great castles / building, only to find after the King has died, I no longerown them and have to fihgt (very hard) to gain them back! Grrrr! I wouldnt mind if it was only one province, but if I've expanded my kingdom a lot, it can happen in many of my provinces all at once! :bash: :bash: :bash:

Any way to get round this? Get another King or stop the rebelions when the King dies?

Help!

DM

Angryminer
03-06-2005, 15:50
1. Don't conquer when your king is venerable. Better wait until the new king is in charge.
2. Marry your king early. That improves the chance of a male heir.
3. Adept the population in new provinces using a cleric. That will prevent them from declaring independence.
4. Be sure that the rebellion risk is negative when the king dies.

Angryminer

theoverlord3
03-06-2005, 15:52
well the only tip i know about that is to save just before your king dies, and see what happens, if you lose lots of land then load it. and something different should happen. so just keep loading it unitil you get a more favoable postion. :angel:

DangerousMinz
03-06-2005, 15:57
Hello Angryminer,

Yes, I do tend to do the things you suggested. I've even had my princes married when they still say "Young", or whatever is next up from "Baby"!
My rebellion risk is usually low, the worst being -7, the best being -20ish

Does it help at all to call the King back to the castle before he dies, rather than have him in a province, or the opposite, is it better to have him in a field somewhere!?

Thankyou!

Angryminer
03-06-2005, 16:02
1. No, it shouldn't play any role where the king is.
2. Are you sure that all provinces are adopted?

Angryminer

DangerousMinz
03-06-2005, 16:07
hmm no, not sure about your second point - all the others however, yes.

Can you explain more about that second point? I was not aware all my provinces needed to be adopted? (I pressume you mean before the king dies?)

Thanks!

Angryminer
03-06-2005, 16:34
When you conquer a province the people have nostalgic feelings for their former ruler. That is why they start rebelling against you (then they are called "Loyalists").
These nostalgic feelings go away after a long while if you take no actions. But when there are still nostalgic feelings when the king dies the province will claim independence most of the times!
To intercept this you can make a cleric governor of the newly captured town. Then you can click on his avatar and select "Adopt population" (that requires up to 1000 books) to remove all nostalgic feelings immediately.
Then the province won't declare independence unless the rebellion risk is very high.

Angryminer

DangerousMinz
03-06-2005, 16:55
Ah ha. Excellent - I'll definetly try that - I wondered what the adpot option did - I thought it was for adopting a different religion to that of my kingdom.

Thanks for answering my questions AM - much appreciated. And yes, I do still have nostalga in some provinces.

Thanks!

Elvain
03-06-2005, 23:33
changing religion is done by convertion which is btw much more dangerous for your clerc (and much more expensive)

Languish
06-06-2005, 10:28
changing religion is done by convertion which is btw much more dangerous for your clerc (and much more expensive)

Can he be killed if it fails?

Elvain
06-06-2005, 11:06
of course :dwink:

Traveller
06-06-2005, 11:47
Isn't there a way to make the king have kids. I'm not that afraid of rebellions, but it's really irritating when my best marshals become kings. I developed them so hard and now all their skills are gone to waste, only because the stupid king doesn't like his wife!

Elvain
06-06-2005, 12:20
hehe, it's funny that many others want knights to age just because they think that marshalls are simply too strong after a while :D

No, there is no SURE way how to make heirs. From time to time it happens that the king has no heirs.

Traveller
06-06-2005, 13:30
Hehe, I remember that when I married my princes to Nadines avatar, they always had children. But I haven't seen Nadine in awhile...:sad:

Grizpin
06-06-2005, 17:16
Funny how they chose to have realism dictate how heirs are born yet let knights live to be a few hundred years old :lol:

I like the chance for a child birth is random. It keeps things more realistic. I had a king start out very young once and as he aged with his queen they never had a child. When he was old he finally had a son but died before the prince was old enough to take the throne :sad:

I wish the knights aged. Not for them being overpowered but for realism.

Question:

I have had more than one prince assigned as knights to my court when the father dies. After the heir who assumed the throne dies I've noticed on more than one occassion that the second son takes the throne. Does the game keep track of who the lineage of heirs are or is that just coincidence?

Elvain
06-06-2005, 17:28
I would wish one more thing: possibility to divorce or "eliminate" queen that haven't given a birth to any child for some time.

This would of course ruin relations with papacy and queen's homecountry unless you ask the pope to divorce you (some nice amount of gold and piety may change his mind :dwink: you know, pope's just the leader of the Church)
I have had more than one prince assigned as knights to my court when the father dies. After the heir who assumed the throne dies I've noticed on more than one occassion that the second son takes the throne. Does the game keep track of who the lineage of heirs are or is that just coincidence?
I think that it's just coincidence (unfortunately)

Gustavus Adolphus
06-06-2005, 18:28
There is a way to eleminate a queen. If she is still in the other guys royal court you can send a spy and have him assasinate her. Then just get him married again. Ive tried that before, it works real good. :biggrin:

Angryminer
06-06-2005, 18:38
Great idea, Gustavus! :dwink:

Angryminer

Illuminatus!
06-06-2005, 22:32
As in, send your idle (counter-intelligence) spies (if any) off on an easy mission, use the "switch sides" cheat, assaninate your former kingdom's Queen, and then switch back?

Gustavus Adolphus
06-06-2005, 22:59
Thats the way I usually do it, unless by some miracle my my spy get hired to be a spy.