PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Expansion

Pages : [1] 2

King Rokan
04-06-2005, 17:40
I would love to see a multiplayer version of the game based upon the single player version, it would extreamly fun to play a full campaign with another person instead of just battles, because the battles are such a small portion of the game, and multiplayer leaves out the real meat of the gameplay :silly:

Angryminer
04-06-2005, 18:05
Welcome to the forums, King Rokan! :halloha:

The feature you ask about was requested a looooooooooong time before (about Autumn 2003) and the developers of the game said that in the early stages of KoH's development such a feature was prepared. But obiously it wasn't commenced in the singleplayer's quality's favor.

Angryminer

HappyAdolf
04-06-2005, 19:17
Hmm, if the game is a hit in the USa, then maybe there'll be an expansion.

Lord Garady
05-06-2005, 00:25
thatīs cool
the team working on koh has conquered all europe and now is after america :angry: :swordfigh lol

eddieballgame
08-06-2005, 02:12
A good friend of mine & myself have recently purchased this game. We are both finding out just how excellent this program is. We, too, would have liked a multi-strat feature. This game, however, is so good we are overlooking this minor annoyance. Our solution is to "compete" against each other via the outstanding scoring system. Two ways we are using: choose the same Kingdom or even more "fair" is to start a game, save at the start, & then each play the same saved file, ala Game of the Month (GOTM) for the Civilisation games. The beauty of this format is not having to deal with online crashes!:)

Languish
08-06-2005, 09:31
A good friend of mine & myself have recently purchased this game. We are both finding out just how excellent this program is. We, too, would have liked a multi-strat feature. This game, however, is so good we are overlooking this minor annoyance. Our solution is to "compete" against each other via the outstanding scoring system. Two ways we are using: choose the same Kingdom or even more "fair" is to start a game, save at the start, & then each play the same saved file, ala Game of the Month (GOTM) for the Civilisation games. The beauty of this format is not having to deal with online crashes!:)

Heh - Never really thought of doing that. That's quite a cool idea! :cool:

guidobaldo
24-06-2005, 11:11
No more news about MP campaign ?
I love this game, but I have two friends that won't buy it until this features will appear...
I think that other people could be in the same situation and sunflower is loosing lot of potential customers.... of course this is only my opinion...

Angryminer
24-06-2005, 17:20
It isn't only your opinion but everyone's opinion, everyone's beside Sunflower's though...

Angryminer

dianketo
24-06-2005, 19:21
Does Sunflowers's still put time in KoH?

Angryminer
24-06-2005, 19:22
Propably not and if they do, really not much.

Angryminer

dianketo
24-06-2005, 19:29
Omfg i hate that! Releasing a game thats not finished! how? angryminer do u know how many copy's they sold of KoH? probable not much becouse they dont care about there fans and KoH....

Dianketo

Angryminer
24-06-2005, 20:15
Note: The north american version is the patched version. So yes, sunflowers produced a patch, but not a second one.

Angryminer

lethalgoose
25-06-2005, 00:49
My theory on why there isn't any multiplayer is this. A multiplayer KoH would require a day or two of constant dedication. Campaigns can take an exceptionally long time. I have never finished a campaign in under a day. It would be incredibly fun, but I wouldn't survive a game because I'd pass out on my keyboard. I think it could work with a small map with 6-12 nations either human or comp controlled, but that wouldn't be as much fun 'cause there wouldn't be enough quality time to put into economy. Spies would be so great though :plot:

Da Bomb
25-06-2005, 02:51
Yea I would love to get my spy as a human player's king. Also, you could limit the amount of human players to say, 8, or something, and set the game length and speed, like 1-10 hours at a time and like speed 2.0 or something. It could be worked out.

Ferdinand
03-07-2005, 00:14
Civ had multiplayer, and those games take forever too. Thats why there is a "Save" feature. :go:

I would GLADLY pay another 30$ to be able to play the campaign multiplayer. I have 3 friends who love this game and we had hoped that KoH would be the cure to our Total War woes. (The Total War games don't support MP campaign either.)

Alas.... :nono:

GIjones
03-07-2005, 16:10
I just got the game myself and i think its great!

...but all thats missing from the full package is a good multiplayer! :sad:

Maybe something like a few islands together or a portion of inland europe.. :scratch:

Count Horatio
08-07-2005, 05:38
Guys...im going to be honest. I dont own this game, but I have played the demo. Single player is great for a few hours. I get so bored playing the AI (that isn't all that impressive) and I will not buy this game until it has better multiplayer features. Such as a multiplayer campaign. It is ridiculous not to have one!!! They have all of the features they need, but they just need to add that game type for crying out loud. What in the sam hell are these developers thinking, they were standing on a freaking gold mine with a metal detector in their hands, only to realize they forgot to replace the batteries! They need to show some concern for their game's community! I would buy this game in a heartbeat and so would at least 6 of my other friends (all of which are still bummed about multiplay in RTW). Somebody GET WITH THE PROGRAM! LAN parties are still in, and save features are readily availible. For the love of God somebody patch this feature into the game before I have a hernia. And for our European allies, I live in America, and the game is getting decent ratings, but the mags arent lying about the crappy multiplayer support. And we, like you, want a game we can play for hours with friends. Let us all gather under the banner of gaming and crusade this issue to the developers!!!

Count Horatio

conquestare legionare
08-07-2005, 10:48
Calm down fella take a beer. the developers have investmented in an other game called paraworld , something with dinosaurs. They dont seem to care about koh no more.Why does the game use the hard headed pak system.There have to be a way to make the damned AI stronger. Ive got a friend who is a good modmaker he have been working at many projects . his tools doesnt work with koh that is.

Elvain
08-07-2005, 10:50
but there is made PakMan which makes the game very mod-friendly IMO. Try it out. I think that modders, mostly Angryminer(and I), can be proud of their imprvements of AI

but multiplayer campaign is something too large to be done by a user-mod

GIjones
10-07-2005, 13:09
Oh well....time to get a refund :sad: