PDA

View Full Version : New to the forums and the game.

Pages : [1] 2

Spin
04-06-2005, 20:20
Hi,

Another noob here, I have a strange situation. I just got the game read the manual, did the tutorial and so on and started a game as France. Barely a few minutes into the game I get a message an enemy army has entered my land. It was from Brittany. I at the time had nothing built up, no marshall's, nothing. Anyway, this army from Brittany (whom I wasn't at war with) proceeded to capture and take Anjou!

I'm obviously missing something here, I'm not at war and I get invaded like that? Let me tell ya I was going out of my mind. Is this typical AI behaviour?

Do please let me know.

Angryminer
04-06-2005, 20:29
Welcome to the forum, Spin! :go:
When entering the game it is posssible that you are at war with someone. There isn't always peace at the beginning of the game!
My advice: Check the political map directly after entering the game to check your political situation.

Now that the war is already going on it might help to propose a white peace to Britanny before they do any harm. If they don't accept, recruit some peasants in Anjou and defend the town until Britanny accepts peace.

I hope that helps. :go:

Angryminer

Spin
04-06-2005, 21:19
Hi Angryminer, nice to meet you!

Thanks for the information, I never bothered to check the map, but when I did after Brittany stole Anjou from me I was not at war. Infact I had to declare war on them so I could attempt to regain Anjou, but that attempt failed as well. Now Brittany has Anjou and I'm now at war with them.

I was kind of expecting this game to be easy as that's what everyone said but it is not easy at all. The learning curve is steep!

Again, thank you for the help! :angel:

HappyAdolf
04-06-2005, 21:56
Hmm, then this has to be a bug, as you can only attack empires which are at war with you

btw, WELCOME :hello:

Spin
04-06-2005, 22:04
Hi HappyAdolf,

Thanks for the feedback, marvelous, I'm bugged!

Lord Garady
05-06-2005, 00:32
hi m8
welcome :silly:
dha i am new too

Spin
05-06-2005, 15:51
Hi Garady,

Nice to meet you.

Ignoramus
06-06-2005, 00:00
Welcome to the forums Spin!

Elvain
06-06-2005, 00:08
welcome, Spin, Yes it has to be bug. One can attack only a nation he's at war with. You can't even plunder a village of neutral or allied country.

So I hope you'll get a revenge :go:

Spin
06-06-2005, 01:40
Hi Iggy and Elvain,

Thanks so much for the welcome!

Elvain, yes I did get revenge, Brittany is now a solid province of France!

Ignoramus
06-06-2005, 03:00
Hi Iggy and Elvain,

Thanks so much for the welcome!

Elvain, yes I did get revenge, Brittany is now a solid province of France!

Good luck with your French campaign!

Languish
06-06-2005, 15:05
Welcome Spin - You may also want to check out the Paradox Forums (http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php) and check out the 'Knights of Honour' sub-forum there. Registration is straight forward ands the forum is quite busy.

The only downer is that it is down every now and again which is annoying. Right now the forum isn't up :( so i can't get my daily fix. :bash:

Elvain
06-06-2005, 15:08
oh, yes, they should do something with this. It's really annoying. Generaly every second attampt to connect to paradox forums fails

Languish
06-06-2005, 15:18
oh, yes, they should do something with this. It's really annoying. Generaly every second attampt to connect to paradox forums fails

It's really, really frustrating to be honest. It's been good for a fair few weeks recently and then it nose dives for a day or two then gets back up. I think one of the problems is there is just so many forum members and a near constant flow of newly registered members. I don’t know whether the equipment they use to host it can't cope or if the forums are broken in some way. I'm glad this forum is around though - not had a single problem here yet! :go:

Gustavus Adolphus
06-06-2005, 15:20
Huh, thats weird it hasn't been doing that for me. Mabye I just get on at all the right times. :biggrin:

Elvain
06-06-2005, 15:59
could you get there today? Since 10.00 CET I tried it about 10 times and neither was successfull

Spin
06-06-2005, 16:42
Hi Guys,

I'm already a member at Paradox forums and yes it does go down alot more lately. I would imagine it's the strain of having too many members as mentioned above.

Grizpin
06-06-2005, 17:38
Welcome Spin,

FYI : You want to check your political map every so often. Sometimes new kingdoms that come into power during the game (i.e. by declaring independence) will be at war with you without your knowledge.

Grizpin

Spin
06-06-2005, 17:46
Thank you for the warm welcome Griz!

I went to my political map and was not at war with Brittany, I had to declare war and then I tried to get Anjou back with a small force but faied. Argh. Nevertheless they did pay for it in the long run!

Lord Garady
06-06-2005, 23:11
down for england