PDA

View Full Version : You Asked For It Developers!

rnbwtrout
04-06-2005, 22:12
Things that would make KOH better IMHO:

1. Make all 'knights' age and not just the king/pope/patriarch. It's silly when after the 5th king of my kingdom, the same knights are still administering. Not to mention that it would balance the game. For example, my maxed-out general kicks butt even though he's like 300 years old because he outlived 5 kings, COME ON!!!

2. Do not let armies just wander by land all over the place (should be hardcoded for the AI, only allied lands can be crossed without consequences). For the player, if my army crosses the border of a 'neutral' country, it should be viewed as an act of aggression, not to mention disrepect, and should trigger automatic negotiations with the following options: (and vice-versa when a neutral army crosses my border)

A. ignore negotiations (causing relationships to drop and allowing the army to be attacked even if 'neutral')
B. access all the other 'regular' negotiations--give gold, give province, arrange marriage, etc.

3. I don't know if you can do it, but in view battle mode, have other conditions for winning besides wiping out the enemy. For example, I take my 9 squad jannisaries and go to a corner of the map and wait for the enemy to approach as my arrows mow them down (and if they are lucky to get close, the jannisaries just happen to kick butt with a sword too). The first thing I can think of is to have a stationary 'supply wagon' on the map that adds an automatic win if taken (so it has to be guarded). Something along those lines so I'm not always chasing down the leader all over the map.

4. In battle view mode, let me group the squads AND THEN, add an option to form them into nice battle formations. My battle lines are all screwey because I have to try to form battle lines manually.

5. During castle attacks, if the enemy AI decides to stay within the walls, have them 'camp' or move to the middle or something so my archers' consciences aren't bothered when they mow them down like weeds to a weed-whacker.

In closing, I say GREAT GAME. But I do second all the AI improvements that have been brought out, so PLEASE, PLEASE consider some of the subjects listed here in future patches. Thank you.

Tzar Kalojan
05-06-2005, 06:42
some great points there.

Angryminer
05-06-2005, 11:10
2. When you march your army through neutral territory your relation with the neutral nation will slowly drop. After a while the AI will tell you to move your soldiers out of there of there'll be dire consequences. You can also give the AI some money so it doesn't declare war too early.
4. When you want to make nice lines do the following:
At the beginning of the battle press PAUSE.
Go through your squads and tell them to go into the right formation.
Let the game go for a moment so the soldiers get into formation.
Press PAUSE again and select your front line (propably your infantry). Use Shift + LeftMouseButton to select multiple squads at once.
Press the right mouse botton and draw the formation while holding the right mouse botton. Let the mouse botton go to make the soldiers get into the drawn formation.
Do the same for your second line (propably your archers).
Be sure no troops block the way (propably your cavalry) because that will mess things up.
Press PAUSE again and see your soldiers go into position.
5. At least in my game the AI-squads always dodge my archers. I move the archers near the castle, the AI moves out of range. I enter the castle, the AI tries to beat me up. Works flawlessly.

Angryminer

theoverlord3
05-06-2005, 13:12
all i do in seiges is to move all my longbows and bastails next to wall then, use my gen to run around in cricles within the castle, the enemy will follow while geting destoryed by my ranged weapons. very easy.i do the same thing in normale battles use your gen to draw away most of the enemy army while your ranged units take them out. you only problems when the enemy get reinforments, you dont have time to camp. :sad:

Languish
06-06-2005, 10:06
I am thinking its possibly best to be a little self-regulating at times and kill off marshal's every once in a while. The chance of Marshal's dying or getting captured is also fairly high - well if you arent a great player like me :P

I agree with your points though - make sense.

Gustavus Adolphus
06-06-2005, 15:18
I am thinking its possibly best to be a little self-regulating at times and kill off marshal's every once in a while. The chance of Marshal's dying or getting captured is also fairly high - well if you arent a great player like me :P
Well my marshals are usually cleaned out every several hour by stupid enemy spies because my counter spy is off at some other court. :lol: They rebels are kinda hard to stop though. One of my marshals who was very promoted and had a full army of Templars rebelled because of a spy and it took 5 armys of swordsmen to kill it. :eek: