PDA

View Full Version : any new statement after NA release?

Pages : [1] 2

Elvain
06-06-2005, 14:45
Well, it is now about month after North American release of Knights of Honor. I'd like to ask if responsible people in Sunflowers insist on their old and out-of-date statement (from times when no NA release was planned) that Knights of Honor don't deserve any more support?

It seems that Knights of Honor is being sold in North America as there are many new users here on forums (much more newbies than after European release I'd guess).
So, will the statement of Sunflowers be changed and will the game get what it deserves and needs? the 2nd patch!

I think it's now the time to ask for actualization of that statement from Sunflowers
:cheers:

Languish
06-06-2005, 14:56
As a 'new' (European) player i agree! :go:

Note: I liked it so much i bought a second copy for my son (who was instantly enamoured by it!). He enjoys playing the singleplayer campaign as well as multiplayer. He is a little too good for my liking having recently completed his first game as Poland.

Gustavus Adolphus
06-06-2005, 15:22
Yeah A 2nd patch. That would be awsome! :go:

Mediävist
06-06-2005, 15:25
Well, it is now about month after North American release of Knights of Honor. I'd like to ask if responsible people in Sunflowers insist on their old and out-of-date statement (from times when no NA release was planned) that Knights of Honor don't deserve any more support?

It seems that Knights of Honor is being sold in North America as there are many new users here on forums (much more newbies than after European release I'd guess).
So, will the statement of Sunflowers be changed and will the game get what it deserves and needs? the 2nd patch!
I'm not sure that Sunflowers is where the request should be directed, is it? They're only the publishers, AFAIK. It would be up to BSS to produce the patch.
Or . . . ?

Angryminer
06-06-2005, 15:27
No. Sunflowers owns all rights about KoH and no one can touch KoH without their permission. Also, the publishers gives the funds to the developers. And without funds the developers won't do anything. :wink:

Angryminer

Mediävist
06-06-2005, 17:25
No. Sunflowers owns all rights about KoH and no one can touch KoH without their permission. Also, the publishers gives the funds to the developers. And without funds the developers won't do anything. :wink:

Angryminer
Be that as it may, the fact remains that BSS developed the game & presumably would patch it too. So what next? Should we pass the hat and take up some donations to get another patch? :biggrin:

(Maybe you guys could soak Paradox for some of the cost, since presumably they're making a little off of their NA distribution rights)

Spin
06-06-2005, 17:41
I think the fact that EBGames doesn't even have it listed is not a good sign, they are the major retailer in NA. So unti they get it in stores in the USA and Canada it will not be officially released in terms of sales and so forth.

Grizpin
06-06-2005, 17:53
EB has it scheduled to ship today, 6/6/05. Odd since I got my copy at Gamestop over a week ago.

EDIT: I just checked thier site again... it's not listed anymore :scratch: I was looking at it about 5 hours ago and it WAS there..... hmmm???

Spin
06-06-2005, 17:56
Hey Griz,

Go to the ebgames.com website and do a search for KOH. You'll find it's mising.

Spin
06-06-2005, 17:57
OOPs, I posted before you edited, sorry.

CanDew
06-06-2005, 18:16
EB has it scheduled to ship today, 6/6/05. Odd since I got my copy at Gamestop over a week ago.

EDIT: I just checked thier site again... it's not listed anymore :scratch: I was looking at it about 5 hours ago and it WAS there..... hmmm???

Yeah, I noticed this as well. :scratch:

It was listed last night with today as the shipping day for pre-orders. And now has been removed.

Paradox has some explaining to do, assuming they are the NA publisher. EB can't very well ship 'thin air' afterall. :angry:

Gamestop! I completely forgot about them! :eek: I'll order it from them instead. :go:

OddjobXL
06-06-2005, 21:22
Amazon has it in stock as well. That is odd about ebgames though.

Vircingetorix
06-06-2005, 23:46
Yes EB Games has done a 180 here. I was told by an EB manager on Sat. that the game would be in next week and now POOF all ref to the game is gone. Sad. I think we may be dealing with a distribution problem. Who exactly is the NA distributor anyways?

V

PS yeah amazon ha sit but its states 1-2 weeks to ship.. BAH!

Angryminer
07-06-2005, 12:02
Paradox Entertainment is the NA distributor.

Angryminer

Illuminatus!
07-06-2005, 23:13
Yes EB Games has done a 180 here. I was told by an EB manager on Sat. that the game would be in next week and now POOF all ref to the game is gone. Sad. I think we may be dealing with a distribution problem. Who exactly is the NA distributor anyways?

V

PS yeah amazon ha sit but its states 1-2 weeks to ship.. BAH!

I ordered mine on Amazon from some New York music and gaming store one or two days ago and the tracking info says it'll get here tomorrow (total of 2-3 days...) - and it's supposed to be the 1.99 ground shipping option. Where do you live?

truckingpete
08-06-2005, 02:01
With KoH released in NA...it should more attention...

Instead of another patch...an EXPANSION!!! Or better yet..KoH2!!! With 3D graphics..but this game is pretty good!

Elvain
08-06-2005, 12:01
can you tell me what would 3D graphic add to the game? Except useless rotation around the battlefield?
NOTHING.

Simple patch or addon would be enough. But there definitely must be something. Webi, ask your employer, please... is there any progress or do the Sunflowers stick on their out-of-date statement?

OddjobXL
08-06-2005, 16:38
I ordered mine via Amazon's third party one-click system. Got to me in a couple days.

antonin
08-06-2005, 20:57
I picked up a copy at Best Buy and they had a few on the shelves for anyone near Austin, TX.

EB has a small share here on PC games, they are 95% console and "preowned" based with only a few stores. The big competitors and most reliable for PC here are Gamestop and Best Buy. I have noticed in the past that Best Buy usually has at least 20 copies of new games and they are usually on the shelf ends highly visible, but not with KOH. My guess would be either their purchasing didn't think KOH would do well or the KOH marketing powers didn't feel it neccessary to invest in the high visibility placements. I feel lucky I got a copy because it is a great game.

Vircingetorix
08-06-2005, 21:10
I picked up a copy at Best Buy and they had a few on the shelves for anyone near Austin, TX.

EB has a small share here on PC games, they are 95% console and "preowned" based with only a few stores. The big competitors and most reliable for PC here are Gamestop and Best Buy. I have noticed in the past that Best Buy usually has at least 20 copies of new games and they are usually on the shelf ends highly visible, but not with KOH. My guess would be either their purchasing didn't think KOH would do well or the KOH marketing powers didn't feel it neccessary to invest in the high visibility placements. I feel lucky I got a copy because it is a great game.

Yes, this does indeed seem to be the case. My local EBs have all but retired the PC games
section from the stores- and thei selection is pathethic or used. It is now 90% console (used) titles now. It should be called Bargain Bin (lol). Thus the whole EB/KoH distribution fiasco is likely due to their growing disdain for PC games. Sadly EB is (was) pretty much the only games specific retail chain in canada, aside from the big box stores. (Compucentre used to exist but they are basically bankrupt or bought out bu Compusmart which is EXPENSIVE). I have basically given up on EB and bought my last few titles from BB stores.

On a side note I find it remarkable that BEST BUY (US) is selling the game but BEST BUY (CAN) does not have it nor does intend to carry it, as far as i can tell. Its sad when a Big box store seems to carry a better selection than a specialty shop.

V