PDA

View Full Version : Looking for game in Buffalo,NY area. Any Ideas.

etchgow
06-06-2005, 16:43
I have been following EB's website and they just keep delaying the release of KOH at their stores, and as of today it is not even posted on their web site. Can anyone in the Buffalo, NY area tell me where else I might be able to find the game.
I am very eager to start playing after reading many of the posts.
Thanks.

Spin
06-06-2005, 16:48
Hey Etch,

I'm not from Buffalo but I too was misled by ebgames website. I found the game at a small store here in Toronto that someone on this forum posted about. I hope you find it.

CanDew
06-06-2005, 17:15
Well I was just on EB Games website last night. The game was listed and they were taking pre-orders for games that were to be shipped (according to them) June 6 (i.e. today).

Who knows what the deal is with EB.

My only suggestion would be to order it directly from Paradox.

BTW, the game is nowhere to be found here in Ottawa, Ontario as of this date. I have called all three EB Games locations here and while they have it in their database as an 'existing' title, they have yet to receive any copies.

What is the normal leadtime between 'announcing' NA release, and actually having physical copies on the store shelves?

P.S. First time poster...long time lurker (waiting impatiently for NA release). :bash:

Elvain
06-06-2005, 17:23
so try another stores or another distributors. Or do EB games have monopol in distribution in NA?

CanDew
06-06-2005, 17:36
I have and so far no joy.

No biggie, I will simply order it directly from Paradox and save myself the headache :go:

Spin
06-06-2005, 17:37
Hi Elvain,

EB Games has a monopoly of sorts here. I just got lucky with that store in Toronto.

Mediävist
06-06-2005, 17:42
what? :eek: I thought that this should be IMPOSSIBLE in the "MOST DEMOCRATIC AND FREE country in the world" (as USA presents itself in abroad)
PS: lucky man you are that you live in Canada :lol:
No country with Microsoft in it could possibly be regarded as "free." :wink:

Spin
06-06-2005, 17:43
LOL@Elvain,

It seems I am rather lucky huh!

CanDew
06-06-2005, 17:46
Hi Elvain,

It's just that EB Games is (I would guess) the largest single distributor of PC (and other platform) game software here in NA. If they don't carry the title, the other 'little' guys definately won't have it. (Yes Spin, I envy your luck!) :hello:

Here in Canada, you could try say, Future Shop (a.k.a BestBuy), but they are mostly an electronics store and generally only carry the 'bestsellers' of any particular game title. And incidentally, they don't have Knights of Honor listed on their online store.

Elvain
06-06-2005, 17:48
No country with Microsoft in it could possibly be regarded as "free." :wink:Microsoft was forced to pay huge penalties in Europe that it misconducts it's dominancy on the market.
EB games should pay the penalty to Paradox (and Sunflowers and BSS) as they discriminate their product evidently... if not to gamers too :lol:

@CanDew what? a month after release?
Hey, Paradox and SF should do something with it, don't ya think?

Spin
06-06-2005, 17:49
LOL!

I heartily agree!

CanDew
06-06-2005, 17:57
@CanDew what? a month after release?
Hey, Paradox and SF should do something with it, don't ya think?

I am not defending EB in anyway and yes I think whoever is responsible for NA release should look for another job :angry:

I would have posted on Paradox's forum expressing my dissatisfaction, however (as usual) their forums seem to be down at the moment.

I believe I posted the question: What is the normal leadtime between announcing NA release and actually having a physical product on the store shelves?

This frustrated gamer would like to know! :scratch:

Spin
06-06-2005, 17:59
Hi CD,

I tend to find the games hit the stores 2-3 days after the ebgames site posts it's release date. I have been wrong though on this at times.

Languish
06-06-2005, 20:32
I order two from different places...ebay and paradox. eBay took 2 days, paradox took 2 weeks... still cool tho.

CanDew
06-06-2005, 21:18
I am going to order mine from Gamestop. They can ship it in 24 hours.

I will be heading to the US this weekend. Perhaps I may spot it there.

Vircingetorix
06-06-2005, 23:42
Hi all,

Another long time reader/first poster form Ottawa (canada). I have awaited this game's NA release eagerly, but I am sorely disappointed in its distribution. I have not seen a singel copy for sale in Ottawa despite being almost 4 weeks into its release. Like the others ive seen the EB games web site push back the date and now its gone. I was even visiting all 3 local EBs this saturady and they even ASSURED me the game woudl be in next week, as they have had a lot of inquiries.

I dont know whether its EB or the distributor but something is messed up badly. BB and FS have no clue and have not heard of the title. Looks like us Canucks are not going to see this game on store shelves any time soon.

EB has gone worse and worse for PC games lately. They hardly keep any stock and the new release section is likely bought real estate. Its sad when the local BB has a better selection of all platforms. It seems half teh store (EB) is into re-selling used games than keeping new stock. There is a real need for an alternative PC games vendor in canada. For those interested I also found it very funny that Gamestop has the game (and for us canucks its very expensive to order) despite being the OWNERS or the EB chain.

V

48crash
09-06-2005, 04:14
As of 9pm est, the MediaPlay in McKinley mall(Hamburg) had One copy left

Webmaster
09-06-2005, 10:27
Due to some internal organisational problems, EB games has been unable to
bring in certain titles, Knights of Honor included. They are working on it
but in the meantime the following outlets all carrying the game:
A.A.F.E.S.
AMAZON.COM
BEST BUY