PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Noob question

Coleman
09-06-2005, 01:55
First of all, let me say that I'm glad Knights of Honor is available. I started out a fan of Europa Universalis, but after EU II I felt the games were getting to be more like work, they were so complicated. Because of my interest in the era I was eager to play Crusader Kings--but scared to death of the learning curve. I'm happy to find that KOH has most of the stuff I wanted in a grand stategy game in a more managable form.

That said, let me get to my question. I know I must be doing something wrong because when I start the game I can't get my initial army to attack an enemies farms, ports or monistaries. I've tried right and left clicking and neither worked. Only when the enemy invaded could I attack anybody--but only that enemy. I was at war with the country I tried to pillage, so it should have been allowed.

Another question: Does everybody try to pilliage immediately in a new game? My treasury was depleting so fast that I thought I had to do something. Since hiring merchant knights is expensive the ony thing I can think to do is pillage. I am I on the right track?

Gustavus Adolphus
09-06-2005, 03:19
1)Welcome to the forums! :hello:
2)Well, it sounds like a bug to me, ive never heard about it happening to other people. Try to attack the castle and see how that works. If it dosen't your definantly bugged.
3)Well, I don't pillage right off alot, really I don't ever pillage at all really. I spend my money on hiring merchants, and in the case of GoG, trade goods.

Angryminer
09-06-2005, 10:24
Welcome to the forums!

Did you declare war on your enemy before trying to pillage his farms?
Also, when trying to attack a port, you have to select "attack" from the actions-menu on the lower-right of the screen, because the default action when right-clicking ports is boarding ships. All other enemy zones should be pillaged by rightclicking them.
I hope that helps. :go:

Angryminer

Coleman
10-06-2005, 03:16
Thanks for the welcome Gustavus! I started the game at war with Hungary. I was playing Sicily in the middle period. I didn't bother declaring war, because I already seemed to be at it--maybe that was wrong.

Angryminer--The manual says "click" the target, so I tried both left and right clicking. It seems pretty weird that no one else has had this problem. I'm about to try again...Man, I hope it works because I know I'm going to LOVE this game!

Elvain
10-06-2005, 10:30
try to reinstall your game?

Lord Richard I
10-06-2005, 10:45
You have to make sure you are war, just becuase a country hates you and the relationship bar is all the way in the the negitive that does not mean you are at war. There a number of ways to check this. The two that come to mind are: check the country at war status or check to see if the declare war is greyed out on the treaty screen.