PDA

View Full Version : Religious Conversions

Da Bomb
09-06-2005, 19:27
Is it just me or is being Orthodox much easier to convert than the others? I have played as Armenia and whether I am independant or not I have had like 5 or 6 conversions with no deaths. One or two failures, but never a cleric being killed, even w/o them being my Patriarch. When I played as Catholic or Muslim they died all the time unless they were like the 1 out of 10 that were good. Also, not including the spy ones, which was 80% of them. Also, can you please list or point out all the advantages of each religion, including excommunicated/nonexcommunicated and like subordinate/independant. Thanks! :hello:

Angryminer
09-06-2005, 19:30
The king's religious skill has a strong influence on the mortality rate during conversions in the normal version o KoH (I edited that in GoG so the cleric's experience is more important than the king's skill).

Angryminer

DangerousMinz
09-06-2005, 20:25
The king's religious skill has a strong influence on the mortality rate during conversions in the normal version o KoH (I edited that in GoG so the cleric's experience is more important than the king's skill).

Angryminer

Ah...Didnt know that. Thanks Miner. Had I known that, I think I may have edited the files too!

Nice one! :go:

Elvain
09-06-2005, 20:50
catholic: recieve gold bonus, a cleric can become pope. Are asked to participate on crusades, can be excomunicated, only catholic nation can have Templars and Teutonic knights (with Holy Rome mod also Hospitaliers)

catholic excomunicated: have books bonus, have morale banous(not sure, but definitely in Holy Rome) have gold penalty, crusade against excomunicated kingdom is very probable

orthodox: have gold bonus, have morale penalty, crusade against orthodox is possible

orthodox independent: neutral morale (in Holy Rome it is bonus), books bonus, no gold bonus. Independent patriarch gives big advantage to kingdom(higher probability to convert, higher books bonus), can subordinate to Constantinople(=improvement of relations with all orthodox)

muslim: have highest morale bonus, can call for jihad(as act of defense), high probability of crusades.
Onyl muslim, nation can have Saracens (with HolyRome mod also Assassins)

pagan: can't have cleric, can't have books(unless HolyRome mod, where a Temple gives even more books than church or mosque), have little morale bonus, gold penalty. Provinces are converted automaticaly, kingdom power costs only gold, very high probability of crusades.

In Holy Rome and Glory of God mods if muslim, pagan(and in HR also excomunicated) nation is at war with 2+ catholics, it is almost sure that a crusade will be called against it. This probability for Orthodox (including independent) nations is little higher.
Probability of crusades is also influenced by number of catholic provinces under non-catholic rule.

Da Bomb
09-06-2005, 23:21
1. Why did you say under Orthodox, crusade against other Orthodox is possible? What do you mean, that Orthodox nations can crusade?

2. How does a nation become pagan? And then how would they become another religion because if they convert automatically wouldn't they never have enough provinces of that religion to switch?

Angryminer
09-06-2005, 23:36
1. No, there is the possibilty that the catholics crusade against the orthodox.
2. You can't become pagan whan you already had another religion. That never happened in history.

Angryminer

Da Bomb
09-06-2005, 23:57
So then how are nations pagan. And how can they switch from Pagan when they can never have enough provinces of another religion from automatic conversions.

Illuminatus!
10-06-2005, 00:30
So then how are nations pagan. And how can they switch from Pagan when they can never have enough provinces of another religion from automatic conversions.

They start out as pagan.

Angryminer
10-06-2005, 10:06
A pagan nation can only change it's religion when it has a province of another religion. That's usually when it has conquered a catholic/orthodox/muslim province...

Angryminer