PDA

View Full Version : The Papacy

dminoz
12-06-2005, 12:13
I'm playing as Cordoba. How can it be that even though I've got 'friendly' relations with the Papacy, and a Trade Agreement, that the Pope orders a crusade against me? And after he issues the Crusade order, my 'friendly' status and the Trade Agreement are unchanged.

How can this be? Can this illogical behaviour be tweaked somehow? Or is it meant to be like this?

Elvain
12-06-2005, 12:16
state of papacy is not very connected with policy of papal institution (you can see that "doge" of papacy is not the same person as the pope)

State of papacy is led by state policy while institution of papacy is led by the pope and influenced by your general religious policy

Angryminer
12-06-2005, 12:17
The papacy is not identical with the pope.
You can kill the doge of the papacy and the pope will still be at best health. It doesn't matter what the doge of the papacy does, the pope isn't under his control.

Angryminer

dminoz
12-06-2005, 15:22
Understood. Is there any way to mod so that even though the State of Papacy and the Pope are seperate entities, they are in synch with their relations to other realms? It makes no sense at all for them to have dramatically different relations with a country.

Angryminer
12-06-2005, 15:26
No, I don't think that's possible.

Angryminer