PDA

View Full Version : Marshall skillzzz

Grand Duke Yaroslav II
14-06-2005, 01:50
i just wanted to know what marshall skills do u people admire the most. Personally i like the skill that enables u to make fortified camps jousting. :cheers:

Illuminatus!
14-06-2005, 03:45
Strategy...Run away and live to fight another day. :cheers:

Gustavus Adolphus
14-06-2005, 15:20
Yeah, strategy is my favorite too. Not so I can run away really quick, but so I can find and destroy the enemy. Sometimes even chase them down. :lol:

Wolfgrin
14-06-2005, 17:13
Healer is important, too, because it will keep you in the field longer without having to return to a town to reinforce.

Sgt_Serge
14-06-2005, 17:30
I prefer the skill which gives the archers a big bonus and try to upgrade that to Level 3 asap so there is no friendly fire anymore.

theoverlord3
14-06-2005, 17:46
i get

healer
seige wepons
archer experince
ranged weapons to more damage
improved knight attack
extra stamia.

i never went for the increased army speed, but i can see that it would quite usefully espically when you have a big empire, and lots of dam rebles all over the place. :bash: :scratch: :lol: :rofl:

Angryminer
14-06-2005, 17:49
Hmm...
Number one is propably "Iron fist" (attackbonus against rebels). The other skills depend on the actual deeds of the marshall.
When I crush big armies in a merciless slaughter with him I grant him the "dread"-skill. When he successfully sieges a castle I grant him the siege-skill, etc. etc.

Angryminer

Lord Boreal
14-06-2005, 19:03
I follow a similar route as Angryminer, as well as granting skills on what I plan to do. for example if I plan to besiege Byzantium, I will always make sure I grant marshalls siegecraft and engineering.

Baghera
14-06-2005, 20:25
Skills that I like:
Archery 3 to avoid friendly fire (I know its a bit of a cheap shot)
Engineering 1 to get ballista which are sooo cool against marshals and their knights
Balistics to make my archers even better
Dread so that the enemy stops and turns around by the time they get anywhere near my archers
umm...I like archers :-)

Angryminer
14-06-2005, 21:15
Note that ballistics level 3 enables friendly fire, regardless wether the marshall has archery level 3 or not.

Angryminer

Baghera
14-06-2005, 21:22
*nods* saw that on a previous post. I guess I will just train to Ballistics 2 max.

Da Bomb
14-06-2005, 22:44
First of all, my favorite is engineering because you get like up to 350% in defense bonus, so why do most of you not like it?

Also, for healer, is that for autobattles and "I'll Lead"? or just leading it. I don't understand how that works.

Gustavus Adolphus
14-06-2005, 23:56
The healer skill revives some of your losses if you win the battle. I don't understand what you mean by ill lead. :confused:

Da Bomb
15-06-2005, 03:17
I'll lead is when you control the battle not letting the computer automatically carry it out.

Angryminer
15-06-2005, 17:08
First of all, my favorite is engineering because you get like up to 350% in defense bonus, so why do most of you not like it?Engineering is the "the marshal can lead siege weapons into the field"-skill. You mean the tactics-skill.
I don't like tactics because it's rather cheap. In GoG the tactics-skill was also pretty much tuned down.
And another reason why I don't use this skill: I don't like to lead fortified-camp-battles myself. Open field battles are much more fun!

Angryminer