PDA

View Full Version : Few flaws/annoying things...

Da Bomb
18-06-2005, 01:35
1. Well, I'm playing Glory of God 1.6 so that may be why for part of it.

2. I played as Golden Horde and became Catholic. I think that is stupid how I lost 3 KP for accepting a religion.

Also, since I was originally pagan and switched to Catholicism I didn't get ANY faith except for 3 from my king's bonus... I had a few churches but they didn't contribute to books or faith!! So if my king didn't have any faith I wouldn't be able to instantly take over a town, convert, or increase KP... that is stupid.

3. Also, in GoG I was Teutonic Order. They seemed okay but both of their provinces were pagan even though I had a Catholic nation... so I automatically had like -5 happiness. I couldn't afford to get that back with KP because I made like no money. No vassals, nobody with better than neutral relationship really... So it's hard to really do anything and I started with no kids and no wife... comon. Once those rebels came I was kinda done for :nono:

chavenduka
18-06-2005, 02:34
2. I think the 3 KP drop for changing religions is appropriate. Imagine the public reaction in Texas, for example, if President Bush declared that Islam was the new national religion.

3. part of the appeal of GoG is its economic system. Makes the game more of a challenge. Personally, I modded it to make even more so. I was rapidly losing interest in the vanilla game because it was too easy, and I credit GoG for keeping me playing. I presume that many others who made the switch feel the same way.

Angryminer
18-06-2005, 13:31
Only realms with your religion will produce piety. That's why you usually only switch religions when you have conquered a ream of another religion. Of course it is hard to call for a different religion when there is not a single area where this religion has the mayority.

The Teutonic Order had the great problem that they were not only foreign intruders but also wanted to spread catholicism in the pagan areas. That was a tough task and I think your problems reflect this quite fine.
:go:

Angryminer

Da Bomb
18-06-2005, 18:06
But still I converted to Catholicism and had churches but they didn't give me anything. And i had even converted like 3 provinces of 7 or something to Catholicism but still no piety.

Lord_Nick
13-02-2006, 16:49
Sorry to resurrect another old thread, but I am currently playing as a pagain nation, but I have no desire to convert religion.

Da Bomb, I think converting from paganism is a two-step process.

First, when you have a province of another religion in your realm, you can pay gold to accept that religion as your state's religion. So, in your case, your state's religion is now catholic, but all your provinces are still pagan. Look at your religion filter, and you should see that.

The second step is to go into each province with a cleric and adopt and convert the population. It would be better if you deleted all of the churches, prior to conversion since they reduce the likelihood of succesfully convert the populace. I also found I had difficulty if I had Libraries, Scribes, and even Parchment Makers, so I deleted all those if they were in a particular province and rebuilt them after a successful conversion.

I have another question re: Pagan nations. I like how provinces eventually adopt the Pagan religion on their own, but since I have no Cleric, I have to deal with Rebels and Loyalists until the Nostalgia is reduced to zero. Is there any other knight that I can use to reduce nostalgia faster?