PDA

View Full Version : Newb question:Kingdom Advantage

St.Peter
18-06-2005, 06:56
Hi everyone,I am a foreigner.I hope you guys don't mind reading my poor English(If ya read a grammatical error such as "me is",don't laugh :sick: ).

I am new to the game and have a difficulty in achieving Kingdom Advantage.

There're so many trade goods I need to have to attain Kingdom Advantage.The problem is I don't know what to build to get the trade goods and which country will have the exotic I need.

Is there some kinds of technology trees in the game for me to have a check on it?

Mortimer
18-06-2005, 10:02
all trade goods are produced in a town with a certian resource or resources, scroll over the shaded buildings in the advanced structures and gorvenment building (I think that is what it is called) tabs the grey ones you can't make. mouse over the shaded ones and see what you need to build to make that building and it will also tell you what good it produces. Also something real helpful is looking at the provence features and goods (the gem looking button in the right center in the filter button) in the political view, anything with a green check you have. you click any of those buttons and see what provinces have them available (shaded blue lines can make it, solid blue the provence already makes it). not only does this show you what you can make and where, but also lets you see where on the whole map you can make that good. maybe if one neighbor has something you need you might want to attack. you can also use the building button in a similar mannor for rare buildings you can't get in many places, like the grand cathedrial or libuary.

as far as kindom advantages i do not use them much at the start, I just try to gather all the trade goods I can make, they each add to how much your merchants get while trading, and give you some money rolling in, though I try to get horses first to get calvary units. then after I get rolling I look at what advantages I am close to getting, check the political view to see if I can make what is needed, or work on getting admaralities if I need exotic goods, but do not get carried away with exotic goods unless you really need them because they get real expensive towards the end and you will lose money even if you are making a lot. also note you need a costal provence with fish in order to get an admiralty. not all costal provinces have fish, but most do, and if you are land locked you can give up all but crop rotation and age of discovery until you get some coastal provences. you also need to build a fishmongery, upgrade that to docks, build a harbor, then upgrade the harbor to an admarlity, so you may want to start working on them before you really need an exotic good because it takes a lot of time, the admaralty seems to take forever to upgrade itself.

I hope this answer does not blow your mind, it is lengthy but when you get the hang of it, you'll find it is really simple, just take it in steps, if a town has a bunch of resouarces, make that mostly a trade good produser, if you have 3 reasources you may have some nice hard building to make, then use your 0-1 resource towns for army creation, then once I get all my trade buildings and any rare building I then let them make units or some high grade town defence. and it is highly likely you will run out of room to build if you make all your troops and all your trade goods in every town.

hope this helps :)

theoverlord3
18-06-2005, 12:05
i find that by the time you start gaining these advantages, your already the most powerful nation, :go: and your well on the way taking over all the factions on your borders.

you probley should`nt worrie about these advantages, as they did`nt seem to make any useful difference.

Mortimer
18-06-2005, 12:31
a lot of it depends on luck...you need some good resouarces. I get trade goods once I get a good army to fend of an attack. then my priotties are an army to defend and maybe a little offence, then money. Trade goods are the best way to raise it, so I get many fast. I usually have an advantage and am not quite over powering yet, I got one last game and was not was not even listed on the most powerful kingdoms.

Lord Richard I
18-06-2005, 13:05
St. Peter

I hope this is not offencive but more of a humorous matter.

On most game forums Anyone not from the USA is a foreigner playing an american game. But the funny thing is us amercians are actually the foreigners here. KOH was created in Europe. SO maybe we such be posting "Please excuse my verision of english. I am a foreigner....."

On side note: Your English is fine with me. If I am able to at lest get what you are asking, grammar spelling errors are not important.

Onto your question:

Each time you start a new game, even if you pick the same country. The resources change so there is no set way to know where they are. You can use the resource map some but I have not successfully figured out how it displays things on the map.

So I kind of depend on getting trade treaties with everyone and seeing what they offer. You can break trade treaties if the country is hated by everyone and not take kp loss or if the pope exsume them.

As for what to build in your towns. The available buildings for the first level of the tech tree will be colored and all buildings for that tree are displayed.

Pick an advantage and see if you can build any if it's requirements in that town. The more trade treaties you have, the more you can move the merchants around to find the ones you need to import.

I really don't focus on the advantages so my build is more of a random pick.

St.Peter
18-06-2005, 18:31
St. Peter

On side note: Your English is fine with me. If I am able to at lest get what you are asking, grammar spelling errors are not important.

I mean English is not my mother language.So i am afraid that you guys won't understand what I am talking about =P

I have a better understanding of KoH right now,thx everyone. :hello:

Billy Fish
18-06-2005, 18:55
I mean English is not my mother language.So i am afraid that you guys won't understand what I am talking about =P

I have a better understanding of KoH right now,thx everyone. :hello:

To be honest, your English is a lot better than probably most American's ability to speak let alone spell yours!

I used to be pretty fluent in German and Polish but could never really write in either one. :lol:

Lord Boreal
18-06-2005, 20:01
To be honest, your English is a lot better than probably most American's ability to speak let alone spell yours!

You are absolutely right, and I'm a Brit so I'm allowed to heckle Yanks about their English lol

crpcarrot
20-06-2005, 10:44
when u go to the political view thingy and click on the trade goods (diamond icon) at the bottom of the console u get a sort of legend with all the trade goods.

click on the trade good u want to get info about

the map gets colour shadings on the provinces this usually shows
potential to produce
already producing ect ect

to get what the clolours mean click on the small green "?" icon on the right of the console. this gives legend for any err.. thingy u have selected (rebellions, stance, buildings, units etc etc)

unfortunately when trade good is selevted the map is displayed as povices so u will have to just change the view again to see who owns that provice

hope that helps

edit forgot about exotic goods

first of all u dont need trader for this

tech up a provice to admirality

once its built click on the city

on the cosole where u find the builders money piety ect u will see an icon of an anchor click on it and u can tell the admirality what goods to import

only found this out yesterday and as far as i can see its one good per admirality.

personally seems a waste of so much teching up just for a kindom advantage dont know if there are other benefits of having a exotic good like do other nations pay me more??
thats the other thing i earn money by having a trade route with another nation but what happens if they have a trade route with me surely i sould be able to earn some money from that?! still on my first campaign and trying to build a nation through trade but just realising that this is impossible cos the diplomacy is so basic icant offer money for anything all i can do is deman something for nothing and wait for the ai to make a counter offer or offer the ai something for free

well anyway have to try out more things but i think i have to change to a strategy of espionage but so far all my spies become are traders who seem to be only able to steal and marshals who can only incite a revolt not very helpful to my personal strategy :sad:

any by the way use the help ingame its really quite good as long as u find what u r looking for :lol:

Lord Boreal
20-06-2005, 11:55
personally seems a waste of so much teching up just for a kindom advantage dont know if there are other benefits of having a exotic good like do other nations pay me more??

Kingdom advantages are worth it though. Especially 'Glorious Conquest' which is an extra +3 morale to your troops, which can be invaluable. There are no other benefits, they exist solely to gain KAs. The more you import though, the more the cost will increase to import them. Try not to import shed loads until you have a really high income, and by really high I mean 'Crikey! That much!?'.

well anyway have to try out more things but i think i have to change to a strategy of espionage but so far all my spies become are traders who seem to be only able to steal and marshals who can only incite a revolt not very helpful to my personal strategy

Marshalls are most common. Though sometimes if you are lucky you may get a merchat, or a spy. Then you can hand over land, money or even annex the entire lot. Or even assassinate the King. I had a spy infiltrate the Fatamids, and he was hired a spy there, then I assasinated the Caliph when he had no heirs. :lol: that was cool. His Kingdom fell apart.

Da Bomb
21-06-2005, 02:24
I started as Golden Horde in the middle time period once and with like 7 provinces (or something like that ) I had every single province feature in one or more provinces. Awesome...