PDA

View Full Version : Ruler's aren't frisky enough!

Billy Fish
19-06-2005, 20:50
Anyone else find that thieir rulers aren't having many offspring? Each one I have usually has one son and daughter and thats about it. There are I think three slots for each but I have yet to have had a ruler who has more than one of each.

I thought there was a lot more shagging going on back then :eek:

Elvain
19-06-2005, 21:38
Hi

They are, but you didn't have luck yet... believe me, I have over 150 hrs of playing KoH behind myslef. It is random...

Gabo
20-06-2005, 00:39
Some times rulers deliver few offsprings. Some times they deliver a full six pack in a few minutes (it has happened to me!). One time it happened to me, that a byzantian ruler with 3 stars in anything but warfare (2 stars), married to a nice arabian princess,who had my very same name. could not deliver. I got a message saying the ruler was infertile! .A drag. After his demise, my 5 star cleric took over the mandate and married a noblewoman. He was frisky enough allright. He had six healthy children but he died suddenly. The majority of the male ones were useless tho (one to none stars in everything.) :rofl:

maladominus
20-06-2005, 06:17
My Austrian King produced 3 girls in a row. And no baby boys.

I was upset! No prince for the throne. I quit the game. :silly:

eddieballgame
20-06-2005, 08:20
I make sure my King "stays home" , not a Merchant, Marshall, etc. Seems to work for me, though I am not sure if this matters.

Lord Boreal
20-06-2005, 11:59
I dont think it matters. My Kings and Princes are nearly always Merchants and they usually get quite a few kids toddling about.

the knightly sword
20-06-2005, 13:03
I thought there was a lot more shagging going on back then :eek:

hehehehe nice choice of words :lol: :lol: :lol: . it is generated randomly , the princes that dont get the throne i use as free knights , they can always be trusted .

crpcarrot
20-06-2005, 14:32
my first caliph waited till he was venerable b4 he gave me 3 daughters in a row and finally a prince but he dies b4 the prince was old enough and my kindom was taken over by my spy who was already in a byzantine prison :confused: :eek:

Da Bomb
21-06-2005, 02:29
I make sure my King "stays home" , not a Merchant, Marshall, etc. Seems to work for me, though I am not sure if this matters.

it doesn't matter. I think someone here on the threadposted that their king had a few kids (well the queen) while he wa in a foreign prison.

cezarip
21-06-2005, 11:07
I find my king has usually many kids if I marry him with the daughter of a Muslim kingdom! I may be wrong, but is seems to work for me every time!

sivlar
21-06-2005, 16:17
I think it is just luck and random. Sometimes my king and queen are slow with the kids. At times even not having kids until he is past middle-age. Last night running as the Teutonic order I had my king pump out a princess. Then in probably less then 10 minutes he pumped out 3 princes nearly back to back lol. I think setting them up for marriage when they are young helps a little too.