PDA

View Full Version : Strange island in Scandinavia

cezarip
20-06-2005, 17:21
While playing as Norway I noticed a strange island in one of the Swedish controlled provinces (right of Oslo, can't remember it's name now). It has a flag on it. I have tried to land a knight on it (having admiral skills) but I cannot. Is there anything special about it or it's just a landscape element?

Da Bomb
21-06-2005, 02:31
Maybe it has a coast guard (an upgrade from admiralty). I read somewhere (I think in the manual) that it prevents other nations from landing on the coast. Try looking in the political view uner advanced buildings, click on coast guard, and see if that province is lit up.

cezarip
21-06-2005, 10:57
I have checked. The answer is no, the province cannot build coast guard! Tomorrow I will post a image!

the knightly sword
21-06-2005, 12:38
is its name zealand???

cezarip
21-06-2005, 13:12
"is its name zealand???"

Nope! Zealand is to the south-east! In the province to the right of Oslo, there is an island surrounded by a lake. It has a flag on it and 4 stones surrounding the flag.

Lord Boreal
21-06-2005, 13:34
Check that the province isn't pagan religion, it could just be a Pagan temple....

cezarip
21-06-2005, 13:45
It starts as a part of Sweden in the High Middle Age. I thought that the Swedish are all catholic?!

the knightly sword
21-06-2005, 13:48
are you sure that it has a town cause if not its just an isle .ive seen such isles with flags on maybe the devs just put it to triumph the owner of the province region

Elvain
21-06-2005, 18:20
I think it's just an isle with no sense for game (just graphical enlargement) and as it would make no sense to board there, maybe it is disabled. I haven't seen it yet (haven't spent much time in Scandinavia), so post a screenshot if possible

Da Bomb
21-06-2005, 23:51
well there is something like that around Denmark or something. Like it's only a small, small island but I never tried landing on it. Probably because the only way to escape is if you have engineering and admiral or you can call him back to the throne room.

Lord Richard I
23-06-2005, 03:31
that island is a temple. It is not a town. But you can't land there. I play Norway all the time.

Litu
25-06-2005, 10:01
The lake i called Vänern, and is a really huge lake.
I think it's an ocean by size-standards, but since it inland we still call it a lake.
Of course, there are many islands in the lake but as said before, the island in the game is probably just a graphical feature.