PDA

View Full Version : titles upgrading

Elvain
24-06-2005, 01:07
This is maybe little off-topic, but...just think about the idea if you want to waste your time by reading this.

I miss upgrading-of-titles posibility in the game. It is really weird when Normandy unites England, but wil forever stay as duchy...
This is just imaginary (as we don't know if the game will have any support in future), but I would like to share my idea of upgrading titles and maybe if some more skilled modder could find a way how ot manage it we could make it part of the game:

Here is table of titles hierarchy for KoH or KoH-like games:
http://img130.echo.cx/img130/6802/titles6mk.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

Nobody could be a vassal of coutry that is lower in title's hierarchy. So if it loses war by vasalage it automaticaly loses it's title and has the highest lower that it's oppresor.(so when emperor of Byzantia agrees to vassalage to king of Serbia, he would automaticaly become a despot only. But if despot of Epirus as vassal of Khan of Golden Horde would claim title of emperor, he would no longer be vassal of Golden Horde)

When a player raises his title, it also rises his kingdom power and if his title gets over opressor's, he is no longer a vassal without any Kingdom power decrease. Crossing each level would have some defined price of gold and piety, if crossing more than 1 level, it would of course be more expensive.
The larger the "kingdom" would be, the cheaper it would be to claim higher titles...(f.i. 1 province kingdom could hardly afford to "buy" title of King)

i also consider idea of preocess of agreement to the title:
in royal window there sil be claim the title window, but you woudln't be able to claim ultimate emperorship untill you are emperor/pope/caliph/tzar/great khan.
And if you claim your title, 3-5 closest rulers with higher titles will have to decide if will recognise your new title or not. (not depending on number of electors, 2 would be enough to be successfull. All who would vote against-in case of success-will automaticaly start a war with you. If the election would be unsuccessfull, you can either respect it=peace+nothing changes, or insist on your title=war against on who voted against)

don't take margrave as he is... he is put where he is for another possible concept of 3-level vasalage which would probably be very nice, but too complicated...

what do you think about it?

Da Bomb
24-06-2005, 15:10
1. I'm happy to be the first to respond. =D
2. It6 would be coo, but why are orthodox and catholic stuff intertwined (just a question, I'm not doubting that it should be that way)?
3. You wouldn't need just money and piety, but like a certain KP (5) and like when you go to kingdom rankings, you should haveto have certain scores in there.
4. If you could fix it up or soemone else that would be awesome!!

Reader81
24-06-2005, 20:20
I must disagree, King never under Emperor, Kings has same level as Emperor' role dose but diffant kind of names, but same role, Emperor never under king and King never under Emperor, it's not same goverment as they do. P.S if Goverment has Kings, mean if they has Heir then heir taken over king when die but Emperor is another story, rare Emperor's son taken over. But King's son most of time taken over thier father places.

Elvain
26-06-2005, 21:31
not in the case of Byzantia f.i. not in the case of Caliphs etc.

Titles are formal. Many times it happened that king had more power than emperor, but in hierarchy of the world, emperor still was above. And that's the point..

Thracian
26-06-2005, 22:02
Slightly off topic how do I unite a kingdom. Elvain I agree with your points.

Elvain
26-06-2005, 23:39
you need to conquer certain provinces by certain kingdom. Use search option and you'll find many threads about it with answers