PDA

View Full Version : Royal dynasty problem

Thracian
25-06-2005, 11:37
Ok this might sound stupid but I'm playing as normandy and I have no princes and only one princess who's currently a baby. What should I do to get a prince.

Hi i'm new and I do want a second patch.

Kuno of Gersenau
25-06-2005, 12:21
Hi, welcome here!
when you're king doesn't have a male hire your best knight will become the new ruler. But hopefully you have eleminated the nostalgy in your conquederd provinces. if not it is possible that they will be lost when the old king dies...

CarolusPelegrinus
27-06-2005, 01:38
OK, so while we're at it: I'm in the same position as Thracian, and most of my land is conquered (plenty of nostalgy around) -would it be worth marrying-off my daughter to a peep-squeek far-away king that I can trounce after he inherits half the land? What % land would they getin a deal like this? Anybody try it?

Elvain
27-06-2005, 09:57
marrying princesses of has probably only 2 positive effects:
1) happiness of your kingdom increases
2) your spies have higher chance to infiltrate to the kingdom's court

the other kingdom can (as well as you) claim maximum of 3 provinces. The chance of inheritance claims is influenced by relations and agreements you have with the kingdom...

CarolusPelegrinus
27-06-2005, 16:01
Thanks Elvain,

OK, so that means the princess does have a (minor yet potentialy rewarding) role in the diplomatic /spy game!.. I guess that's fair.

McGillicuddy
27-06-2005, 20:38
Thracian – When playing Normandy, if you have no prince and you have several providences, be prepared for a rude awakening when the king dies. I learned to track the king’s age so that by the time he gets to venerable, I would have stopped all wars, maxed out kingdom power, lowered taxes and generally ready for the battles to regain lost providences once he dies. Regardless of which providences are the best I always make sure that I try to regain control of a “block” (providences that are adjacent to each other). I once got cut to pieces when I lost my king and had no prince. I retained control of some pieces that were cut off from one another and then tried to regain them. What a mess! I wasn’t paying attention (greedily growing my empire when it happened) Learned a lesson in that game. Had a fun time though.