PDA

View Full Version : No Multiplayer

Da Bomb
25-06-2005, 23:15
Well it was announced under the "second patch vote" thread that there will be no multiplayer (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showpost.php?p=106062&postcount=124) on a second patch if there is one.

How do you feel?

Personally, I think that multiplayer would really be awesome. My brother is stuck to his games and when I told him about KoH one of the first things he asked was if if had multiplayer on the map of Europe. I wish that they would incorporate that into the game, whether it be in a patch, sequel, or expansion. It's sad that there are no plans to do so. :sad:

Also, if you have any comments, such as whether you think it would work or not, how it would work, or other comments related to the topic, feel free to post here. :go:

eddieballgame
26-06-2005, 06:25
Multiplay is the way. KOH is an excellent program. If this program had a STABLE multplay on the Europe map, ( even just lan would be great ) then KOH would certainly rank as one of the all time greats. The Civ series needed it, & Paradox has done it, also. The multiplay feature for the map of Europe WOULD NOT NEED the rts mode for battles---simming would be the way to go for stability & speed. Also, Even just a head to head mode would be ok for me.:)

Angryminer
26-06-2005, 12:11
The development of a multiplayer mode would require about 9 months to finish. You can't demand the funding a complete dev-team, the quality assurance-department at Sunflowers and various other departments for 9 months just to produce a free patch.
An expension set would be a different matter. Here we get a costy service and pay for it.
That's why I want to see an expension set that adds the Campaign-Multiplayer. :go:

Angryminer

McGillicuddy
26-06-2005, 14:55
That's the way to go. See you in 9-months.

Da Bomb
26-06-2005, 22:24
The development of a multiplayer mode would require about 9 months to finish. You can't demand the funding a complete dev-team, the quality assurance-department at Sunflowers and various other departments for 9 months just to produce a free patch.
An expension set would be a different matter. Here we get a costy service and pay for it.
That's why I want to see an expension set that adds the Campaign-Multiplayer. :go:

Angryminer

But do you honestly think there might be an expansion/sequel with multiplayer in non-battles? Besides creating it myself because I am no game designer, I would do almost anything to get a hold of multiplayer. Also, if they were going to make multiplayer, would they tell anyone or publicly release the info before it came out?

Angryminer
27-06-2005, 06:55
The PublicRelations-department at Sunflowers usually tells us all the news that are known to be true. Of course they won't release speculations and "maybe"s.

Angryminer