PDA

View Full Version : realm-nationality of knights

Elewyn
26-01-2004, 17:33
This wuestion is "provoked" by possibility of having our faces in game....

Do knights have their realm-nationality? or those faces can move from one to another realm...

Will they offer their services to your court only when you own certain realm they are from or not?

Angryminer
26-01-2004, 17:49
Yepp, knights have a home-nation.
If you conquered a realm in england, there'll pop up some english knights (with english names etc.) in your royal court - the same goes for hispanian realms etc. etc.

Please don't ask me for the dev-statement, because I don't know where it was written, but it was written by a dev.

Angryminer

Frank Fay
26-01-2004, 18:04
The Knight's first name and title is bound to its origin but not his face.

Let me give you an example:

If you own british territory then Knights with the title Earl and English first names are appearing at your royal court. If you own French territory then Knights with the titel Count an French first name will appear.

If you grant a Knight land = making him governour then he will become <TITLE> of <LAND>.

We have more than 4000 Knights in the game.

Elewyn
26-01-2004, 18:14
OK, that's nice.

I only hope that some faces which look like e.i.hungarian noble(@Gorgoroth) or typical viking face(@Eric the red) cannot emerge in e.i. Sicily

Sir Jack
26-01-2004, 18:43
Hi together ! :hug: :D

WE can appoint a knight for governour of realm, but if we want, can we change the knight who should be gouvernour :king: in the realm and give him the same position in an other realm to strenghten our power there. Or maybe make him to a leader :viking: of a army and the other way round ? :confused:

Frank Fay
26-01-2004, 20:20
Sir Jack, that is exactly how it will be.

Henrik
26-01-2004, 22:48
Originally posted by Sir Jack
WE can appoint a knight for governour of realm, but if we want, can we change the knight who should be gouvernour in the realm and give him the same position in an other realm to strenghten our power there. Or maybe make him to a leader of a army and the other way round ?

Originally posted by Frank Fay
Sir Jack, that is exactly how it will be.

Removing a knight from "office" :eek: !..........that's got to give you some enemies along the way ;) - NICE :p

Originally posted by Frank Fay
If you grant a Knight land = making him governour then he will become <TITLE> of <LAND>.

We have more than 4000 Knights in the game.

Come on Frank - get out of here ;) - that's f***ing AWESOME - if ya ask me :D

Irish
26-01-2004, 23:09
Originally posted by Henrik
Removing a knight from "office" :eek: !..........that's got to give you some enemies along the way ;) - NICE :p

Come on Frank - get out of here ;) - that's f***ing AWESOME - if ya ask me :D

:eek: I agree 4000 knights should lead to some serious replayability for this game. Just please make the most difficult setting VERY VERY difficult. I love a challenge.

Henrik
26-01-2004, 23:32
yeahh, with 4000 knights - what are the probabilities that your kingdom would consist of the same knights, when you play next time - ABSOLUTLY NONE :P

I really like it :)