PDA

View Full Version : A little bit discouraged.

JustinianII
29-06-2005, 04:20
I've only had the game 3 days or so, as per my other post. I love the interface. I love the gameplay. It's very good. But I've just gotten into the game and I'm stomping the AI without any resistance. It's impossible to lose. I don't want to return the game but I feel like there's no way I'll get my money out of "Knights of Honor" when there isn't any challenge.

Am I being too harsh? I'll keep playing and see what happens but I don't feel like the attention was paid to the most important part of the game: The AI.

Da Bomb
29-06-2005, 04:56
Well what you say says what everyone here believes. That's why you can mod the game or download some of the other good mods. Go to the mod section and hopefully they can make it more of a challenge.

McGillicuddy
29-06-2005, 14:24
Modding will help a little JustinianII but we're all in the same boat waiting for a patch or expansion.

Ledhead
29-06-2005, 14:42
So far into the game I agree. Playing with GoG on hard and I find it too easy. With all kingdoms being so honorable no one preassures you, and after you've built up a decent taxbase and exploited one or two of your resources it's just walk in the park...
Started a new game with Nicaea (three provs) but got a little bored, so I started again with Trebizond (two provs and your own patriach which you have to replace with your own 5 star cleric). As of yet the latin duchies and kingdoms in the southern Balcan penninsula have been easy pickings. Maybe when I go after the Seljuks it will be harder, right now I've married one daughter off with the sultan though...

JustinianII
01-07-2005, 04:54
McGillicuddy: What mods do you suggest for KoH?

Do the mods help the AI or do they just give them production bonuses or whatever?

McGillicuddy
01-07-2005, 15:10
I use the “hard mod” but from what I’ve read in another thread, I think the “Glory of God” mod has everything the hard mod has and more (I have not tried it yet). Unfortunately, modding can not help the AI “think better”. There are hard code issues to be resolved at BSS.

Hammerasus
02-07-2005, 17:51
I agree the game is too easy and after we conquer lands they feel more given than conquered, it's a pity cause the rest of the game is pretty good but the most important of it is screwed.