PDA

View Full Version : i cant wait

The King hytous
01-07-2005, 21:18
god i cant wait to buy this game i simply cant wait. oh yeah and im new to this forum so hello. YEA i played the demo and i was like wow this is cool stuff. But i have some questions are spies really amazing and does the game time out (like the period time run out) i just need to make sure. the battles i like and i dont mind auto battles. I love being a small nation and then building up. I find it quite hard really. And RTW(Rome total war) is rubbish cause the ai cheats and on this game theres so many nations and it improves on my past fav game MTW(Medevil total war). This game is amazing and i only got to wait till sunday to buy it.

Hope this community lasts forever!!!! :rofl: :go:

Ledhead
01-07-2005, 21:28
Time doesn't run out. Which I initially thought would be bad, but now I quite enjoy...
Had only limited experience with spies. The ones that I've managed to infiltrate into foreign courts have always become marshalls and died soon after in combat. I've never played so far into the game as I find it to easy and start over again (playing GoG 1.5 on hard), but I will explore spying more when I start to get some princes in my court or get a higher income.
My advice for a challenge (although small...) is to start as a 1 prov orthodox. Depending on which period you play you will have to educate a cleric to 5 stars to make him your own patriarch (don't remeber now the pros with that right now...).

Angryminer
02-07-2005, 12:13
Welcome to the forums, The King hytous! :halloha:
Have fun playing once you get your copy :go: .

Angryminer

the knightly sword
02-07-2005, 12:26
why does everybody keep bugging rtw cause the AI is very hard to beat even thought i conquerd most of the world :P

welcome King hytous to our forum !!! :cheers: hope you enjoy your stay :wink: :go:

Illuminatus!
02-07-2005, 17:25
does the game time out (like the period time run out) i just need to make sure.

The demo times out after: all of your kingdom is conquered, the demo crashes, your second king dies, or you have *conquered* (they do not have to remain in your possession) five provinces.

Angryminer
02-07-2005, 17:41
...but the full game can be played forever.

Angryminer

Hammerasus
02-07-2005, 17:44
Welcome to the forum, personally I find the battles in RTW much better than those in KoH, even the battles in MTW are better not just because of the size but cause they're challenging, KoH is a good game but you'll certainly feel dissapointed about the battles :sad:

Elvain
02-07-2005, 19:40
battles are everything but the main part of game...(unlike in MTW or RTW)

the knightly sword
02-07-2005, 20:53
to be honest in rtw is a much better politcal part then the one in koh. you can answer there terms . you can give counter offers and much more. its even more realstic you will need to send a diplomat to the country there is no dierct audiiance. but it plays a simple role there is no ensurance that your alliances last like in koh.

Elvain
02-07-2005, 22:38
In KoH you can't be sure your alliance will last forever.
Yes, counter-offers are missing much in diplomacy as well as many other diplomatic options that were already offered to responsible people (such as possibility to exchange territory etc.)