PDA

View Full Version : Does anything affect chance of heir?

Canute
04-07-2005, 09:28
I've played this game for many hours and much prefer having heirs. I'd appreciate if anyone has info on heir related questions.

1) Does the age of the Queen ever play a role? Sometimes when you choose a bride you are offered a choice - are the younger ones more likely to produce kids?

2) Does kingdom status modify the relations between king and queen? ie. My king has killed all her brothers and all her family - she might reasonably be miffed.

3) Marrying off daughters seems to be more trouble than its worth. All I really see is the eventual loss of 1-3 provinces. Does anyone else simply not do it?

any comment welcome

Canute

Elvain
04-07-2005, 11:44
there is no sure key how to have sure heirs... as I have noticed in some150+ hours of playing

1) I don't know. Probably not as the age of princesses and princes is not even displayed

2) I don't know. I observed this only in one game and don't remember if it had some effect or not. Try and tell us please...

3) you are right it is more problem, but it can give you also some nice benefits:
a) your spies can infitrate more easily into a court where your princess is married
b) if you are one to be elected to Ultimate emperor of Europe, marriage between kingdoms plays important role in deciding either to vote for you or not
c) just a minor benefit, but sometimes can be usefull: marriage increases happiness of the peoulation

maladominus
04-07-2005, 13:45
The blonde princesses tend to have more baby boys....

Baghera
04-07-2005, 16:53
The blonde princesses tend to have more baby boys....
... and have more fun too :eek: