PDA

View Full Version : top 3 Marshal skills in order I take them

Pages : [1] 2

Canute
06-07-2005, 05:36
Thinking of all the marshal skills and I think they diverge. With two marshals for an army I tend to take different skills for each. I find I almost always take:

Admiral: Leaving from shore is too convenient, as is cutting through land route shortcuts.
Strategest: Faster travel - gets my guy where he's needed.
Leadership: Raises morale always no conditions.

Those to me are the top 3 then it gets murky. Anyone have opinions?

CarolusPelegrinus
06-07-2005, 05:46
1. Tactics: Allows fortified camps which gives defense bonus and keeps them out of trouble early on
2. Dread: Adds extra bonus fear to enemies
3. Archery: usually these are my first units after peasants and NOT shooting my own folks is key.

Why Admiral? Do you usually play in Great Britain, or Italy that you need sea access quickly?

lime
06-07-2005, 07:00
I am still new to the game but like the way my opponents go down when I go with:

1. Engineering(only one point for use of balistas until I get the next 3 skills)
2. Archer Master(great for my projectile heavy units)
3a. Ballistics
3b. Dread

Often my opponents never get into melee range of my units. They often surrender or panic, all while dealing minimal damage to my units. Even if the other team has archers my archers will outclass them with these skills.

Da Bomb
10-07-2005, 05:06
Thinking of all the marshal skills and I think they diverge. With two marshals for an army I tend to take different skills for each. I find I almost always take:

Admiral: Leaving from shore is too convenient, as is cutting through land route shortcuts.
Strategest: Faster travel - gets my guy where he's needed.
Leadership: Raises morale always no conditions.

Those to me are the top 3 then it gets murky. Anyone have opinions?

I didn't even think you could board ships anywhere just with Admiral though, right? Don't you also need tactics? :confused:

Illuminatus!
10-07-2005, 17:15
Nope. Not at all.

JustinianII
10-07-2005, 21:31
I must admit that I find level 3 Healer to be pretty nifty. As long as you avoid your unit getting almost wiped out, you never have to reinforce.

conquestare legionare
10-07-2005, 23:26
1.dread
2.strategist
3.tactics

tazdirector
21-07-2005, 01:17
1. Tactics (it's almost unfair....)
2. Strategist (necessary when your lands expand...)
3. Depends on what my other Marshalls have (either Engineering, Healer or Leadership).

Tactics is a must...I've never lost a battle with it.

maladominus
21-07-2005, 01:28
Why Admiral? Do you usually play in Great Britain, or Italy that you need sea access quickly?

Admiral is useful for any coastal kingdom. So not only England, but also Venice, Genoa, Byzantium (the Byzantia kingdom is often intersected by oceans and straits), and even useful for the Spanish kingdoms (especially Aragon, which has island territories).

Largefry07
21-07-2005, 04:01
1. sword mastery
2. Strategist
3. Tactics

I useally only get the 1st star for tactics to able to build the fort but I don't complete the 3rd star untill I have all of my dread stars.

JBear
25-07-2005, 06:18
1. Tactics - even the weakest Marshals can survive behind the stockade.
2. Strategist - Good speed lets you set up on an opponents approach path and then use...
3. Archery - you have to love indirect fire as you whittle your opponent down.
4. Leadership
5. Swordsmanship
6. Night fighting - really useful to be able to "own the night".

Depending on the Marshal's situation I'll go through the skills to Level 1, then max Tactics and then max Strategist, then go up one level of each until every one is maxed out. :go:

I've never had a Marshal defeated in single combat, and most 2 on 1, with this mix. In fact, it's sometimes rather boring late in the game when I have 100+ provinces and my army is 5 or 6 times stronger than any one else. I can usually conquer any other kingdom with only two armies.

Doux
08-08-2005, 12:50
I'm using the following combo with Byzantium:

Marshall 1 - , Admiral, Cavalry Master, Jousting, Tactics, Endurance, Strategist
Marshall 2&3 - Archery Master, Ballistics, Engineering, Tactics, Endurance, Strategist
Marshall 4&5 - Achery Master, Ballistics, Engineering, Logistics, Siegecraft, Strategist

Kris_stz
08-08-2005, 12:58
Nice!I usually have 3 marshals:
1.This is tha main one:leadership,dread,conqest,archery,jousting,endu rance.
2.This one is for seiges:leadership,sigecraft,balistic,engineering,a rchery,tactics
3.This one I use agains rebels:leadership,dread,iron fist,archery,balistic,jousting

Diablo_
08-08-2005, 14:00
1.dread
2.leadership
3.The thing that lower attrition when attacking castle.

Dobber
29-04-2007, 21:55
***bump***

mart24
30-04-2007, 20:16
These have served me well. I rank them as follows:

Tactics
Healer
Engineering
Siegecraft
Dread
Endurance

mammix
30-04-2007, 20:17
Leadership
Dread
Recovery

Conqueror
Strengh
Engeeneering

King Kaloyan
30-04-2007, 21:03
1st marshal the "tanking" one - played mainly on archers and moral distinction :
Tactics
Archery
Balistics
Strategist
Leadership
Dread

2nd - the one I use to plunder defeat rebels stop weak invading armies... - played on cavalry and horse archers:
Strategist
Cavalry mastery
Sword mastery
Plunder (or something like that)
Iron fist(I think)
Archery mastery

Elvain
30-04-2007, 21:36
I usualy have 2 marshals:
strategist
enforcer
healer
admiral
tactics
logistic (the one saving food)

the other one is for conquest:
strategist
engineering
enforcer
conqueror
healer
logistic

Victus Succor
22-06-2007, 12:13
These are my 6 favorites in order

Tactics
Strategist
Healer
Leadership
Endurance
Optional......usually Dread or Siegecraft.