PDA

View Full Version : I need some major help here guys

PochiWanWan
06-07-2005, 07:30
Well, I have had the game for about a month now, and I have never gotten even past the first stages of the game, I always have it set to easy difficulty, but I still have major problems progressing through the game, what either happens is, I never have enough gold for upkeep, for armies, or even to defend myself, I don't even know where to begin, if any of you out there can give me either a link to a strategy guide, or if you yourself can help me out I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Elvain
06-07-2005, 10:05
Try to hire some merchants they will increase your income... also don't have more marshalls than you need. At the beggining of the game, one marshall is more than enough(unless you are at war with 2 big kingdoms)

If you are at war with nobody, then you can even exile the first marshall. Then you'll have smaller upkeep...

also check this thread (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=3455)

Wolfgrin
06-07-2005, 16:18
Pause the game when it first starts and go to the Political View. Entreat with every big country for trade agreements (Germany and Byzantia especially are rich trading partners early). As Elvain said, recruit your royals -- king and princes -- as free merchants (you can reassign them as something else later, if you wish) and start trading. Make non-aggression pacts with big, threatening nations around you, if possible. If attacked and about to lose, offer peace and vassalage to your attacker. You'll lose half your income, but you'll at least survive. Then, bide your time and build up your economy. Build a decent early army and go pick on some little country nearby. Grow a little. Field a better army with an experienced marshall, claim independence and kick your old master's ***. After that, you're in the game and a player. Woo hoo!

the knightly sword
06-07-2005, 16:35
never give them vassalage. you will suffer a major kingdom power loose when claiming independence. try to be more diplomatic instead . give some gold if it doesnt work try to marry your daughter to the enemy kingdom if you dont have a daughter then keep on fighting until youve won some battle and they will aceept peace.

PochiWanWan
06-07-2005, 22:00
Awesome, alright, I will try that out and see how it goes, thanks for the help.