PDA

View Full Version : What can you do with the papacy?

Canute
06-07-2005, 12:55
I'm playing York, a catholic kingdom. The pope is a 'meddlesome cleric' and I've just got the chance to marry the doge's daughter. Right now the doge is old and only has one territory.

Will I enherit Rome?

Will I be able to politely end the papacy? There are still a fair number of catholic countries I dont want open war.

curious?

the knightly sword
06-07-2005, 13:18
1. no you cannot inherit his only province the cause of its
the only one and the main kingdom.

2. only through war and if you do your gonna have seriously decreasing relations with all the faithfull kings .

Xuca
06-07-2005, 13:37
1.No,TKS, you can inherit it, even if it's his only province

the knightly sword
06-07-2005, 13:39
stupid me ivent played koh for some days :biggrin:, i will try to b more accurate .

Illuminatus!
06-07-2005, 19:18
Hmm...if you could get a puppet pope and somehow excommunicate most of Catholic Europe (or just the big, powerful kingdoms, anyway), then kickin Papal *** shouldn't be as much of a problem.

Amelia Mihailov
07-07-2005, 16:20
I'm playing York, a catholic kingdom. The pope is a 'meddlesome cleric' and I've just got the chance to marry the doge's daughter. Right now the doge is old and only has one territory.

Will I enherit Rome?

Will I be able to politely end the papacy? There are still a fair number of catholic countries I dont want open war.

curious?
The Doge of the Papacy can have children?! News to me, I thought the rulers of Papacy and Teutonic Order are impotent (In my games, they never have any heirs). Clerics too, everytime I have my king act as a cleric... he'll somehow become impotent, I wonder why...

Anyway... the Pope is evil! Once, my cleric became the Pope... and the Pope called a crusade against me.

Da Bomb
10-07-2005, 05:33
Hmm...if you could get a puppet pope and somehow excommunicate most of Catholic Europe (or just the big, powerful kingdoms, anyway), then kickin Papal *** shouldn't be as much of a problem.

No. Until very late into the game, there are very many Catholic nations. Get pope or puppet pope and once you try to excommunicate someone that the papacy doesn't agree with you on, you lose the pope and your chances of succeeding in eliminating the Papacy.

Angryminer
10-07-2005, 12:27
A spy-pope won't excommunicate you. :dwink:

Angryminer

Mircoslavux
22-07-2005, 17:07
interesting thing:
papacy has disappeared after the start of game - I think, if was conquered. Now is it the province of Bosnia.
But till now, there is no pope , nothing, and the catolic church exist without pope????

Xazax
23-07-2005, 16:31
If you get excommicated from the church what happens besides no crusades? and a puppet pope is friggin hard because how can you tell which one you can Excom. and how come you cant tell him to declare crusades on people!

Kris_stz
23-07-2005, 16:48
Well crusades for you-yes,but for otheres-yes.The pope might send a cursrade against you.but you can stop it by finding out who is leading the cursrade(I mean Kingdom)and when you do,you could offer peace with him and the cursrade will be over.But if you ask me let them cursraders come we'll have some fun with them.