PDA

View Full Version : Does it end?

relajon
09-07-2005, 02:50
I've know played for a week with great success and have the biggest kingdom biggest military most respected and so on. Just few things im not in the top. So my question is doesnt it end? Isnt there a point where you win? Will it just keep going until the hole world is under my control?

maladominus
09-07-2005, 04:29
Claim the Throne.... when you are ready. THAT is the "final win".

However.... take the Claim the Throne seriously. If you claim it, and you are not ready to be accepted as Ultimate Emperor of Europe, then all of the biggest kingdoms of Europe that voted against you will declare war on you and crush you.

Largefry07
09-07-2005, 06:27
You can achieve vistory in serveral ways.

1. By gaining all of the kingom advanages. (minor victory)

2. The top kingdoms vote for empoer of europe.

3. Claim the thorne, this you force the top nations to vote if they want to give you the title as empoer of europe

4. Conquor all lands.

JustinianII
10-07-2005, 01:52
How do you get people to vote for you (either in the regular votes or the Claim the Throne votes)? I've never gotten a single vote, even from kingdoms I am "united" or "harmonious" with. I've ****ed up, I've given gifts, I've married into the family. Nothing works.

How do you get votes?

paokara
10-07-2005, 02:39
I have the same problem...

I had the bigger land,the most wealthy kingdom and nobody vote for me :angry:
not even my Allies.....

I will crush them all

maladominus
10-07-2005, 07:04
How do you get people to vote for you (either in the regular votes or the Claim the Throne votes)? I've never gotten a single vote, even from kingdoms I am "united" or "harmonious" with. I've ****ed up, I've given gifts, I've married into the family. Nothing works.

How do you get votes?

I never "won" an election.... but I have gotten a couple of votes. this is how:

1) You must be in very good relations to the nation that votes for you

2) You must be STRONGER and more powerful than the nation that votes for you.

Even if your relations are Harmonious, if you are the weaker nation (lower ranking), then the nation will not vote for you, because it thinks that IT deserves the title of Emperor more than you do.

3) A Royal Marriage helps a lot! Nations that are married to your princes or princesses will have a much higher chance of voting for you.

So before you Claim the Throne, make sure your Queen is a baby factory and she produces LOTs of princes and princesses. You will need all of them to make royal marriages before you Claim the Throne.

P.S. --- IMHO it is easier to win the game by having all the Kingdom Advantages. That is easy to achieve as long as your kingdom possesses all 8 types of resources. =)

Largefry07
10-07-2005, 23:54
I believe that being the most respected kingdom is the big factor and also not being one of the most hated kingdoms helps. To do this you must not ask for lands in marrages, honor your alliances, don't break agreements, don't completely conquor a nation, grant independance to your vassals, and don't start a war without a good reason (and to gain land is not good enough reason).

Lord_Apophis
11-07-2005, 01:48
It appears that you need 15/16+ vote points per nation in order for that faction to register as voting for you. I just finished my first Emperor win, and from what I can tell, here are the points I've received.

1) Make sure all the major powers are your vassals (10 points). They will vote for you if you have other factors contributing to it.

2) Make sure you have a large mass of land (1-5 points). Depending on how large your territory is in respects to their land perhaps? Some nations gave me different points.

3) Good relations with voting nation (1-5 points). If you are at Harmonious max level, they may give you 5. Being in the green with United gives you 1-3.

4) Marriage of some sort to you the emperor or your kin. (5 points for king, not sure for kin marriages)

I'm sure there are a few other possibilities, but when I won, these were the major ones which allowed me to Claim The Throne.

Da Bomb
11-07-2005, 18:37
It also depends on how well the country likes the other nation when you don't "Claim Your Throne"

JBear
14-07-2005, 05:15
OK, I'd like to dispute some of the above.

I have the largest nation, 108 units
I have the largest army, 11x larger than my next opponent.
I have the most money.
I have the best traders.
I have the happiest population.
I am the most hated country.
I am at either united or harmonious with EVERY other country left.

At best I get two votes, either when I try to claim the title or a random vote comes up.

How do I get off the top of the most hated list? Can I? Do I need to go for total conquest?

Thanks,

maladominus
14-07-2005, 05:19
I am the most hated country.
I am at either united or harmonious with EVERY other country left.

Ummm. Does this make sense? You have harmonious relations with everybody, but you are the most hated country? :scratch:

JBear
14-07-2005, 15:26
My question exactly!

I am #1 but not by much. I am not sure how I got to be the most hated, I've been reasonably decent to my neighbors since taking over the UK/Erie, all of continental Europe, most of the Balkans and Western Russia. I also control most of NW Africa.

I don't know.

And to add to my concerns. I get the "hook" message, then I disable all my AV/SW software and still get the error. Yet I come back and it runs fine with all my AV programs running!

Casluerj
14-07-2005, 16:39
Anyone already won an election? Or will I have to conquer the world to win? :angry: