PDA

View Full Version : men in the towers?

Pages : [1] 2

vyanvotts
25-10-2003, 03:05
we all know that you can put men on the rampart walls to defend and on the tower tops, but can you actually get men inside the towers to shoot out the arrow slits?

in this screenshot there seems to be a ladder going down in the tower, is this for a graphical purpose or does it have a physyical purpose?
tower pic of ladder (http://www.gamershell.com/imagefolio/gallery/RTS/Knights_of_Honor/Night2.jpg)

Frank Fay
25-10-2003, 09:18
The men do not shoot from inside the towers but from the top of it.

Frujin
25-10-2003, 12:19
The purpose of the ladder is simple - to give the units way to get on top of the tower :)

Also some towers has as addition ballistas inside and can also shoot at will.

Kevin
25-10-2003, 20:58
ow. Ok...

Pikeman
30-10-2003, 13:08
How about turrets, right next to and a bit higher than the bigger towers? Will we have them, and will men be able to stand in them?:bday:
I guess you know what I'm talking about?

Spudster
31-10-2003, 02:07
or maybe if they are shot with an arrow, the man will fall off the side of the tower...and plunge to his sure death....(if not dead yet)

vyanvotts
31-10-2003, 03:33
Originally posted by Pikeman
How about turrets, right next to and a bit higher than the bigger towers? Will we have them, and will men be able to stand in them?:bday:
I guess you know what I'm talking about?

I dont get it. Do you mean the little turrets that stick out of the main turret? because if thats what your thinking then yeah, i agree. that would be cool.

Greeny
31-10-2003, 03:46
Bah, what's wrong with the good old arrow slit? :p

Pikeman
31-10-2003, 19:33
Originally posted by vyanvotts
I dont get it. Do you mean the little turrets that stick out of the main turret? because if thats what your thinking then yeah, i agree. that would be cool.

Yes that's what I meant.

P.S.little turrets that stick out of the main tower, did you mean?

Carcassone
31-10-2003, 21:19
I agree, having guys fall from the walls would be nice....not an absurd amount but just a few to make it interesting. Of course what fall would be complete without a nice bone crushing crack upon impact.

vyanvotts
01-11-2003, 00:19
Originally posted by Pikeman
Yes that's what I mean

P.S.little turrets that stick out of the main tower, did you mean?

yep thats what i meant.....my mistake!

Frank Fay
01-11-2003, 11:35
I agree, having guys fall from the walls would be nice....not an absurd amount but just a few to make it interesting. Of course what fall would be complete without a nice bone crushing crack upon impact.

You guys are so full of cruel fantasy :)

Pikeman
01-11-2003, 14:45
"You guys are so full of cruel fantasy :)"
I know, I am too, because I would also enjoy it if you had the odd guy falling off the wall to his death!
:dwink: :angel:

vyanvotts
01-11-2003, 14:48
It would indeed be fun too see, and very satisfying seeing the enemys archers dropping of the walls.

Carcassone
03-11-2003, 16:43
Originally posted by Frank Fay
You guys are so full of cruel fantasy :)

No, you got it all wrong, it's not cruel fantasy, we're just striding to achieve that level of realism that you have sworn allegiance to while producing KoH.:D

Some sound bites of him hitting the ground would be nice. Perhaps a bone crunching thuuuuuuuud.

Pikeman
04-11-2003, 13:27
As well as the squelch coming from the next guy walking underneath the spot from which he fell...:angel:

Carcassone
04-11-2003, 15:40
Now that's just getting gruesome.:O

vyanvotts
05-11-2003, 01:59
that would be damn cool, all the dead bodys that have collected on the walls could be used to throw on men climbing up the walls.

Pomerania Prince
05-11-2003, 14:13
Can you burn the town or a castle? Do you have a option to invade and destroy everything?

Jerome
05-11-2003, 15:19
i remember a very old game called Warlords2, where u had the option to either 'sack', 'pillage' or 'occupy' a freshly conquered city...

this choice had to be made in a simple pop-up window. Maybe it would be nice if u could have the same options in KoH, only this time actually personally executing the sacking and pillaging...

:D