PDA

View Full Version : some questions

Pages : [1] 2 3

paokara
09-07-2005, 13:42
hello,I am from Greece...sorry about my bad English but i hope you 'll understand me...

I have some questions about the gameplay...

1)How can I transfer army,without use a marshal??
my cities are much more than my marshals and i have problem in that...
I can have the maximum 9 Marshal,so 9 armys...is that reallistic??
There are cities that you can train army with horses..
why i can't have a city only for training army,and then transfer them at the other cities??

2)where can I see tha abilities of the units??is there anywhere stats,I can see?

3)every country has its own units...which is the most powerfull unit of all countries?(this is like the question 2,because if i knew where to find the abilities,i wouldn't ask :wink: )

4)is there anyway to build ships??

I would appreciate any answers...

conquestare legionare
09-07-2005, 14:04
1. a.They cant move without a marshal
b.Yes nine armys are realstic every marshal leads an army so does generals in real.
c. Unfortunely this feature was not planned or implanted even thouht it might be sometime usefull

2.royal libary an icon besides the tabs.

3. Templars or Teutonic knights im not quite sure which but it depends on which unit class

cavlary -Feudal knights or Cataphracts or maybe Ghulam cavlary

missle and archers- Heavy crossbowmen or Heavy archers or Longbowmen

foot troops-templars or teutonic knghts.

paokara
09-07-2005, 14:26
thank you....

Yes nine armys are realstic every marshal leads an army so does generals in real.

well thats right..then maybe,the unreallistic thing is that you can have only 9 Marshals...

maybe it would be good,if you could have more than nine in the future...

so,if you have money,and much land why you can't have 20 Marshals???

The empire of Romans had only 9 generals?
Soory,but its to difficult to keep Byzantio with too less Marshals... :angry:

conquestare legionare
09-07-2005, 14:50
The roman empire had centurions not generals. the full army consisted of 65000-75000 soldiers all over the empire also known as legios(latin word for legions) or cohorts . i doubt there were only 9 generals/centurions. one legion consisted of 125-150 legionares all trained with supiority and euipped with the best high quility shields and gladius (the famous roman sword ) with chest plates and pilums (effective special made javalins).

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y78/MasterWong/typicalmarch.gif ¨

the picture shows the most typical roman fortmation.

the triarii is special trained spearmen only taken from nobles and high classes.
feneterii is the young aspirants of the roman armies, they are to hold there status until they reach veteran level to be ugraded to legios.

now you know more about the roman army :smile:

actually 3 marshals is enough for me to control an empire of 100 provinces.

paokara
09-07-2005, 17:44
actually 3 marshals is enough for me to control an empire of 100 provinces

:beek: :beek: :beek:

Who are you?Alexander the great? :lol:

I'm kidding...

another thing that bothers me,is that you have a maximum number of buildings you can build in a city :sad: !

conquestare legionare
09-07-2005, 18:20
cant you see it!!! its plenty of provinces so you can conquer them!!. the citys varies. there is 2 sort of cities . one of them is

warfactories: were you create your units because of there is not much to build from the trade goodies . there is were you recuit your best of the best , more half of the city buildings slots are only smiths and armouries. i usually have 2 of them in each region .

tradegoods cities: here is were you produce most of your goodies, because odf the good province advantages.like whatever is available you should build it there.

sometimes i mix both.

paokara
09-07-2005, 18:48
this is exactly what I want...

but anytime you wish to move army from warfactory cities,you have to move the Marshal and then,in order to train another army,you have to bring another Marshal in the city...

is this logical?

The game is very good...but is this little things that :bash: !

conquestare legionare
09-07-2005, 19:01
of course you can!! there is 6 other slots besides the marshal recuting for city recuiting. 6 slots is max of what a city can support. you can city recuit whenever you want no need for marshal presence just make sure they arent filled already.

paokara
09-07-2005, 19:14
Ok...you convinced me :cool:

I will stop to complain anymore :go:

conquestare legionare
09-07-2005, 19:19
im glad i could help :smile: :cheers: got any other questions?

paokara
09-07-2005, 19:30
well if I 'll have any problems,I 'll ask you :go:
have a nice weekend :cheers:

conquestare legionare
09-07-2005, 19:34
thank you :smile: i wish you the same :go:

Gustavus Adolphus
09-07-2005, 20:15
The roman empire had centurions not generals.

Wait a minute. a Centurion is a man in charge of 100 men. Soo he wouldn't be in charge of whole army. I don't know where you got your info, but romans had generals.

paokara
09-07-2005, 21:16
In the movie "The Gladiator" Maximus was the general I think

but this is a movie,and I don't know how real it is :wink:

conquestare legionare
09-07-2005, 21:48
@gustavus adolphus
yes your right every cohort had one centurion. there rank was known from which postion they were placed. 1th cohort was the suprior of the officers and he caried the eagle of the number of the legion example - legio XXI or something similiar.

@paokara
gladitor was a centurion the general was the emperor son or the emperor himself as he was stationed near his army. i love that movie the customs and scences are so loyal to the real roman era.

paokara
09-07-2005, 22:32
gladitor was a centurion the general was the emperor son or the emperor himself as he was stationed near his army. i love that movie the customs and scences are so loyal to the real roman era

one of my best movies....(1st is the Braveheart)
I saw Gladiator about 5 times...
I 'm sure that the soldiers called Maximus General...
Anyway,I don't know the Romans history very well...You know it better than me,so I believe you...
If you have any questions about Alexander the Great then I 'll teach you :go:

conquestare legionare
10-07-2005, 09:41
1.who invented the hoplites and the great phalanx? :smile: ive always wanted to know he/she must be one of the greatest defensive strategist ever existed on earth :go: .

paokara
10-07-2005, 12:58
he/she

Alexander the Great was a MAN!!!!!!!!!!
Oliver stone that made the movie he is ignoramus about history

Do you really believe that a homosexual conquer the world??

they say that Alexander the Great was Homosexual because he kissed a friend in front of all soldiers...
but he kissed him friendly...
but this man(his friend) was eunuch(he didn't have dick),and he kissed him because he saved him in a battle...

And I ask you...
if he was homosexual,he had relations with an eunuch?????
and then he would kiss him in front of the other soldiers????????/

this is propaganda of homosexuals. :angry: :angry: .

Alexander The Great was the most glorius MAN ever

conquestare legionare
10-07-2005, 13:02
no no !! :smile: not alexander !! :smile: i bow down for his greatness . you know the phalanx !! the spear and shield formation it is one of my favorite formation the hoplites are great soldiers too who invented the formation phalanx?.

paokara
10-07-2005, 13:17
who invented the formation phalanx?.

Alexander of corse :wink:

He also inveted SARISA(Javelin)...it was a spear very long than the normal spears...(threefold)

3 soldiers hold it,and they made a solid defence...