PDA

View Full Version : marry older kings to get their lands after death

Mikal1871
12-07-2005, 13:01
Hi, i saw something in teh manual that you could marry off one of your princess's to an old bachelor king and then get his lands after he dies if the queen doesn't produce an heir, but everrytime that i want to marry off one of my young "grown" princess's to an old aged king, the game says that "there aren't any marriable people between both of our countries"... Is what i read in the manual a mistake or did i run into a bug.

Personally, I LIKE KOH a great deal. this is one of the RARE games where you can win without just going to war all the time and when u do go to war too much, then your people tell you to BUGGER off and revolt on your butt hehehe :cheers:

If anyone knows what i'm doing wrong to get my younger daughters married to the old single warrior kings before they die so i cna get their lands for no war.. please let me know. :hello:

conquestare legionare
12-07-2005, 13:16
be greeted/ave (ave is in roman latin grretings or be greeted) mikal. the problem is if the king doesnt get an bride he will intsead marry an noble women. so no king goes without a bride . but what you can do is get an advantage marrying of your princess.you will get a more steady info of them and your spys will have it easier to infiltrate i think??.

CarolusPelegrinus
12-07-2005, 15:19
Mary her off to any king (even juvenile), then send in a spy and kill the king off (if the spy is hired as a cleric, merchant etc.. you can have them do other mischief too!)... speed things up by giving the king a couple 1000 gold... it will ensure he hires new marshals (i.e. your spy!)

Elvain
12-07-2005, 18:46
before you try to marry your princess off, look if the target kingdom has free male to marry. It is shown in political view in relations filter. A crown shows if they have free male, a diademus shows free princess. If they have both you can be sure that the king already is married and have sons and daughters.

But no king will stay without any wife longer than untill he's aged/aging

Canute
12-07-2005, 23:18
I dont think its worth it.

A queen who is your daughter might give you enough of a bonus to espionage to conquer the kingdom but it will give that kingdom a claim on up to 3 territories when you die.

The daughters in my games live lonely lives.

Big J Money
12-07-2005, 23:44
Dont' forget that you can also try to marry any of your unwed princes off to claim a piece of a kingdom when that king dies. This might be a dishonourable thing, though.

=$= Big J Money =$=

Elvain
13-07-2005, 00:01
I dont think its worth it.

A queen who is your daughter might give you enough of a bonus to espionage to conquer the kingdom but it will give that kingdom a claim on up to 3 territories when you die.

The daughters in my games live lonely lives.
look at this example:
your king Richard is "middle-aged" and has daughter princess Clara and son, prince Guillaume
your neighbour king Henry (who has some land you'd like to have) is already "aged" and still without any wife, so he needs some. Marry one of your daughters to him and wait. Your relation will be improved and you can now send spies there. If king Henry has no kids or son(Robert), there is no danger that you'll lose lands unless Richard dies in battle, but if he has daughter(Anne) and you keep good relations with him, you have higher chance to get her married with your prince Guillaume.
then if nothing unexpected happens, Henry dies first without any claims to your throne, but your prince Guillaume is marrried to princess Anne so you are the one to claim lands.
and when your king Richard dies, there are no claims from king Robert as there is no women at their court now.
And if you had luck, your spy is hired in services of king Robert :go: genious

maladominus
13-07-2005, 01:53
I use this tactic all the time, and it works! Example:

1) Your daughter, the princess of Austria.... you shove her off to marry the Old Ugly Bachelor King of France

2) The Old Ugly Bachelor King of France now has a royal marriage relation to your kingdom

3) The Old French king dies first. If he dies without Male Heirs, then YOU get a claim on his kingdom. End of story.

So the rule here is..... you need to marry your princess off to an OLDER king (Old, Venerable) who is expected to die very soon, or expected to die because he stupidly goes around Europe risking his life in battle with 5 nations invading him, etc.

Elvain
13-07-2005, 09:15
the only thing you need is the other king being older thanyours :go:

Big J Money
15-07-2005, 06:02
I think they ought to add a little bit of randomness to the game. Like, make it possible for your royal family members to get sick. It would be a very rare thing, but it would prevent you from being 100% sure of this strategy succeeding. Just my opinion, of course.

=$=

maladominus
15-07-2005, 07:59
I think they ought to add a little bit of randomness to the game. Like, make it possible for your royal family members to get sick. It would be a very rare thing, but it would prevent you from being 100% sure of this strategy succeeding. Just my opinion, of course.

=$=

Well, many players have suggested something like "random events" added to the game. Of course, we do not always want BAD events to happen. Once in a while, you want to see a good random event to happen to your kingdom also. Example, maybe a random event like:

"Local Priest Performs Miracle!"

Your cleric in so-and-so province has been witnessed to work miracles, and the local population is in awe! As a result, your Kingdom happiness is temporarily increased by +5"

Jonny211
18-07-2005, 14:55
Are there no random events??? Not even the Black Death which looms quite large in Europes history?

Jon

Angryminer
18-07-2005, 16:35
The event "Bleck Death" was there (among others) and you can still find it in KOH's scripts. Due to an unknown reason it was disabled before the game was released. Don't ask me why, I really have no clue.

Angryminer

Da Bomb
19-07-2005, 02:45
Well I agree it would be a nice touch to have random events. Although it would really make the luck factor much bigger, it would be nice to have good and bad experiences. So far in Stronghold I've only had things like plague and disease...

Mircoslavux
22-07-2005, 10:32
Hey all
How can I find old single king in another country?
i wan to marry my princess, but If I faound the old king without offsprings, he tells me. that the mariage is not possible, becuase he has not children,
does't mean that he has no children but is married?

thanks

Lord_Nick
11-02-2006, 18:15
Sorry for resurrecting this old thread, but I'm curious about how to use my princesses more effectively.

Currently, I'm marrying off my princes to the daughters of Aged/Old/Venerable Kings. As long as the other King is older than mine, and we have a good relationship, this seems to work more often than not.

I'm still a little unclear about how to use my princesses.
Is there an easy way to tell if the available royal is a Prince or King? How do I check for bachelor kings without princes? Check the age of the king in the main view, and make sure he doesn't have any wedding ring (kin) symbols with another countries? Or use bsswitch to check his Royal Court out? Then either wait for the king to die of natural causes or kill him using espionage. Is this correct?

Occasionally, I get messages stating "this king is too old to father any children" After what age is a king deemed to be impotent? Old? Aged? Venerable?

Angryminer
11-02-2006, 18:39
A bachelor king has a king's crown in relations-view, and never another.
When you've found such a kingdom remmber the name of the king. Then ask him for a royal marriage. If his name appears in the list he's a bachelor. If a different name appears then it's his son.

Sometimes, when I'm serious about inheriting provinces I first send spies around europe. Once I have a spy-spy I marry some member of my family off to that kingdom in the right moment. Then my spy eleminates all possible successors of the crown and then I just have to wait for the provinces to roll in.

Vain

Lord_Nick
11-02-2006, 22:13
I don't think I've ever seen a King's crown in Relations view ... only Prince's and Princess' crowns.

I'll have to look a little more closely next time.

Angryminer
11-02-2006, 22:54
I mean a male one. Wether it's prince or king is not specified.

Angryminer