PDA

View Full Version : Funky Economics

JustinianII
13-07-2005, 01:53
I suppose it is a testament to the good parts of this game that I find myself continuing to play it despite the constant annoyances I have with the not-so-good parts. Right now I'm wondering at the economics. From the rules and the emphasis placed on tax rates etc, it seems like Taxes are meant to be a pretty significant part of the economy. But in all my games, taxes end up being an insignificant part of my income to the point that I play the vast majority of the time on No Taxes so that I can get the happiness bonus.

Is there a bug with tax revenues? I can have 40 provinces with decent populations and an income of +3000 per clock tick and my tax revenues are like 50. What the heck is the point of that?

Shouldn't taxes be a much higher percentage of your income? I wish that tariff and trade income were reduced and tax income was multiplied by 10 or so.

Elvain
13-07-2005, 09:18
when you have "no taxes" don't becurious they are so low in total percentage. The problem is not that taxes are low but that trade revenues are too high.

This is fixed in Glory of God and HolyRome mods. And I hope if the second patch will come it will be fixed there too

JustinianII
13-07-2005, 11:29
You're right about the trade revenues. A single merchant pulls in far more than the total tax revenue of your empire. That's.... not right.