PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Pages : [1] 2

UltimateUniversalEmperor
14-07-2005, 16:27
In the demo I was asked to lead a crusade against the Almohads, but after conquering the first province, Italy declared war on me on behalf of the Papal States. Assuming it must have been because I decided to control the province, I chose to pillage the next one. This time, however, the Papal States declared war on me on behalf of their allies the Almohads. I did notice that the leader had the title of Doge, instead of Pope (even though I thought the pope was the temporal leader as well). Anyways, what's up with that?

Second, right after my King died, the game crashed. Is this a bug or just bad luck?

Last of all, what makes the game easy? The criticism seems to be unanimous and I'm assuming everbody is playing on the hard difficulty. I'm just curious as to how much of a challenge the computer offers to an experienced player.

Largefry07
14-07-2005, 18:33
The demo stops after you have gone through two kings.

Lord_Apophis
14-07-2005, 19:28
1) AI doesn't use advanced units more often. They are content to use peasants and basic units swordsman/spearmen/bowmen in general. There are advanced units, but seldom.

2) If you do it right, archers are uber-killers in battle mode. In strategic auto-calc mode, two armies against the AI will cut through ALL armies or castles easily.

3) Once you're a major power in Europe, nobody will ever declare war on you unless you take action first. You can sit there and just build without being bothered by the AI.

4) AI will let their experienced knights die as easily as a new knight.

If you get the community mods like the HRE or GOG, it becomes more challenging. Out of the box, it's really easy unless you choose a pagan faction.

Mircoslavux
15-07-2005, 13:00
Hi :hello:
Could the "title of your country" be change? I mean e.g. from Principality to Kingdom. If yeas, How?
Could the title of your king be change to?

What about the names of kings, knights and so on? I think, these are given automatically and you can not change them or?
thanks

paokara
15-07-2005, 13:58
Could the "title of your country" be change? I mean e.g. from Principality to Kingdom. If yeas, How?
Could the title of your king be change to?

http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=4824
:go:

Mircoslavux
15-07-2005, 14:05
so then You can not change i during the game? only you must edit it before?

Baghera
15-07-2005, 16:15
The only in-game name change is when you complete one of the "unite country <X>" quests, otherwise you have to mod the game per Paokara's link.

Mircoslavux
15-07-2005, 16:53
The only in-game name change is when you complete one of the "unite country <X>" quests, otherwise you have to mod the game per Paokara's link.

Yes I got it, only to be sure - the name of unite country is given automatically and not by player or?

Baghera
15-07-2005, 16:57
You got it

Mircoslavux
15-07-2005, 18:43
Hoi

Is there any possibility of attack and conquere of rebels on your castles? :scratch:

It never happened to me till now (playing KoH only 1. time). The rebels plunder only the villages and never attacked the castle. :hello:

Angryminer
15-07-2005, 19:33
Yes, the rebels will sooner or later attack the castle if they feel strong enough.

Angryminer

Da Bomb
15-07-2005, 20:30
or if there are no villages/outside areas in the province to raid.

Mircoslavux
18-07-2005, 13:53
Another Question:

What will happenned, if your king has only 1 female offspring and he died?

If the pricess is married?

If she is not married?

Is there possibility has only Quenn and no King?

Angryminer
18-07-2005, 16:32
1. If the princess is married one of your knights will claim the crown and the princess' spouse will claim some provinces.
2. If the princess isn't married one of your knights will claim the crown.
3. No. At the king's death the young princess will get a benevolent kick into her pretty butt and the next knight takes over the crown. :wink:

Angryminer

Lord_Apophis
18-07-2005, 18:30
Hoi

Is there any possibility of attack and conquere of rebels on your castles? :scratch:

It never happened to me till now (playing KoH only 1. time). The rebels plunder only the villages and never attacked the castle. :hello:

The rebels will always attack when they have a level 6 general, regardless of the size of their army. Therefore if you have tons of rebels/loyalists running around your country because you annexed lands or claimed a large piece of land, take care of the level 4/5 rebels first because they will be coming after your castle when they have pillaged for enough experience.

Mircoslavux
19-07-2005, 09:02
The rebels will always attack when they have a level 6 general, regardless of the size of their army. Therefore if you have tons of rebels/loyalists running around your country because you annexed lands or claimed a large piece of land, take care of the level 4/5 rebels first because they will be coming after your castle when they have pillaged for enough experience.

Thanks. where can I see the level of general? It is the star besides his avatar?

Lord_Apophis
19-07-2005, 15:25
Yep... that star is it.

Kris_stz
19-07-2005, 15:30
I have a question.Can one of my marshals or clerics or spies or someone can becom the head pope?

Kris_stz
19-07-2005, 15:36
Another question,when my king dies,if my son is married and my daughter is married do the dountries to which they are merried have to claim land?

Lord_Apophis
19-07-2005, 16:00
I have a question.Can one of my marshals or clerics or spies or someone can becom the head pope?

This was explained in the manual which came with the game, if you purchased it. Clerics become pope, not spies. And only if the cleric has more stars than other clerics from other nations. However, the only thing you can do with a pope is ex-communicate a Catholic nation, which from my experience is only useful to a small extent. If you are playing a non-catholic nation, your cleric will never become pope. If you have a spy who is hired by another nation as a cleric, only then can a spy become pope.

Another question,when my king dies,if my son is married and my daughter is married do the dountries to which they are merried have to claim land?

The married son claims land only when his wife's father dies. If your king dies and your daughter is married, the husband of your now deceased king's daughter has a claim right.