PDA

View Full Version : Vassal + and -

Pages : [1] 2

Mircoslavux
15-07-2005, 10:45
Hallo
I want to know about the advantages or disadvantages to take other countries for vassal or being vassal of other country. :scratch:

Most of the countries in Europe are afraid of me, but no one answered positive on my demand of vassality. :bash:

thanks

Lord_Apophis
15-07-2005, 16:55
Disadvantages of having a vassal:
1) You need to keep them happy or they will declare independence. Money and protection makes them happy.

Advantage of having a vassal:
1) Money. The nation who became your vassal needs to give you 50% of their income.

Disadvantages of being a vassal:
1) Money. You are paying your overlord 50% of your income.

Advantages of being a vassal:
1) Your overlord will not declare war on you for the most part.
2) They will also get upset at anyone who makes war with you.

Mircoslavux
15-07-2005, 16:59
1) You need to keep them happy or they will declare independence. Money and protection makes them happy.

1) Money. The nation who became your vassal needs to give you 50% of their income.

Disadvantages of being a vassal:
1) Money. You are paying your overlord 50% of your income.

Advantages of being a vassal:
1) Your overlord will not declare war on you for the most part.
2) They will also get upset at anyone who makes war with you.
Question:
But If your vassal is in war with another country - Is it needed to declare war to attacker of your vassal? What will happened, if you do not?

Lord_Apophis
15-07-2005, 17:02
It's not a requirement to defend them. They will request help, but you can say no without consequence (loss of kingdom power) unless you are kin (married) to them, or are allied. As they are giving you 50% income, it's actually in your best interest to make sure they don't become conquered as you will simply lose a source of income.

Traveller
15-07-2005, 17:08
The biggest + of having a vassal is that with some espionage you could annex all his territories without fighing a single battle. He only needs to hire one of your spies as a merchant and - voila!

Mircoslavux
15-07-2005, 17:11
The biggest + of having a vassal is that with some espionage you could annex all his territories without fighing a single battle. He only needs to hire one of your spies as a merchant and - voila!

But then what about revolt in those provinces? Or they will accept you immediately as new king?
How many vassals can you have? It is a boarder there or not?

Lord_Apophis
15-07-2005, 17:25
They will revolt as nostalgia exist. You can own everybody as a vassal if you were powerful enough. No limits.

Da Bomb
15-07-2005, 20:23
Also, whenever I demand a vassal to attack someone that I am at war with, (with none or full relations) they almost always do it, even if I have asked them many times or it is someone they just signed peace with. Hehehe.

maladominus
16-07-2005, 01:24

#2) SecondAdvantage of Having a Vassal = you can always FORCE your vassal to Attack any nation that is currently at war with you. The Vassal will never refuse this demand. They are forced to declare war when you tell them to. Period.

Da Bomb
16-07-2005, 17:34
Yea. I was just about to change that in my previous post. I am at war with say, England and France, who are harmonious allies. I demand vassalage and England accepts. I demand England to attack France, and viola! He does. Every time. Easy way to turn tide of battle. Shouldn't be that easy but o well!

Mircoslavux
25-07-2005, 12:14
About vassalage :eek:
last another game, I have had more states like vassals, but If my spion penetrated like merchant, there was not possibility ti annex them, hm?
What it is mean , my kingdom is not big enough to annex the vasssals?
How big or bigger should be your state than your vassal, that you can annex it?
:bash:

Xazax
25-07-2005, 14:29
"#2) SecondAdvantage of Having a Vassal = you can always FORCE your vassal to Attack any nation that is currently at war with you. The Vassal will never refuse this demand. They are forced to declare war when you tell them to. Period. "
What really? my stupid vassals never ever do that. i tell them to attack and they aways want something from me. Annexing is realluy hard though besides getting your spy in. you needs tons of money. Bohemia i once annexed and that one country cost me 60,000 gold peices alone.

Also kind of off topic but when a computer asks for land from another computer they sometimes give them it. When i ask for land they always say no. no matter what, usally they only become my vassal or sign a white peace.

Da Bomb
25-07-2005, 18:26
@Microslavux: I know about the annexing. I am almost positive that they have to be your vassal to annex them. Also, be sure you have enough gold or the option might not even show up. But I have had like 100+ provinces but still couldn't annex a 1-province nation because I wasn't it's oppressor...

@Xazax: This is somewhat strange. But I guess they are agreeing to but they make demands. At least they're not refusing you.

Also, I notice the lands thing as well. I see down below in the message area how people sign peace for like vassalage, royal wedding, and like 2 provinces. This NEVER happens for me. Only 2 things... no land ever...

Xuca
25-07-2005, 19:17
Once when I played as Lithuania King of Poland OFFERED me peace, giving me a province and vassalage. But that happened only once.

Illuminatus!
27-07-2005, 02:17
I get peace offers involving vassalage all the time, and occaisonaly provinces (for whatever reason, those province offers *always* come from and involve eastern provinces).

junobeach
03-08-2005, 19:36
My vassels have always refused to attack my enemies. So can we clarify the point that they don't HAVE to attack? The only advantage I can see is the money but maybe I'm missing something.

Mircoslavux
04-08-2005, 10:19
My vassels have always refused to attack my enemies. So can we clarify the point that they don't HAVE to attack? The only advantage I can see is the money but maybe I'm missing something.

interesting, my vassals are like my slaves, what I say, they will do. And on the end I will send a spy to them and wait till they hire him as merchant and then I annex my vassal. :go:

Da Bomb
05-08-2005, 22:36

I don't think so. I have invoked a vassal's alliance with me or demanded them to attack someone I'm at war with over 100 times, if not lots lots lots more. NEVER have they not immediately said yes, no strings attached. Maybe the all-knowing Angryminer could fill us all in. :hello:

Mircoslavux
19-08-2005, 09:10
this is curious:

Is it possible that one Kingdom will be a vassal of two others?

in my game: Wessex was my and berbers vassal in the same time...
somebody here on the forum wrote that the kingdom could be in vassalage of one another realm only....??? :scratch:

Elvain
19-08-2005, 15:36
this is curious:

Is it possible that one Kingdom will be a vassal of two others?

in my game: Wessex was my and berbers vassal in the same time...
somebody here on the forum wrote that the kingdom could be in vassalage of one another realm only....??? :scratch:
:eek: how is this possible? what is their colour?

one kingdom can be only vasal of one other kingdom. But one kingdom can have up to 167vassals