PDA

View Full Version : building time

Pikeman
29-01-2004, 12:12
When it comes to building castles, how long will it take on average? Will it appear instantly once you can bring up the ressources (like in stronghold)? Will it take one or two minutes? Will it be more like ten or twenty or even an hour? I hope that a simple wood castle should take about 10 minutes in real time, while a strong stone castle should take about 30 minutes.

And will we maybe even get to see builders working on the castles with scaffolding, while bringing stone from the quarries? Nowthat would be cool!

Angryminer
29-01-2004, 13:40
1. The player doesn't build castles. They all exist in the beginning of each game.
2. Castles are upgradable in (I think) 4 levels. Each level enables different upgrades (like moat or townwall).
3. Building/upgrading of constructions consumes an (yet unknown amount of) time.

Angryminer

[ I'll go now and grab some screenshots, check back later ]

Sir Jack
29-01-2004, 18:36
Are you sure that all realms will have a castles at the beginning of the game.
:confused:
I find it better if we have more free hand with the decision where we can build a castle or maybe 2 castles in one realm :hello:

Attention devs. !

We want more influence on the strategy in our empire/realms, where and what we wanna build !!!! ;)

Jorghan
29-01-2004, 20:34
It depends. Perhaps each region atleast has a small keep in the beginning. But I'm quite sure that not every region starts with a castle.

Pikeman
30-01-2004, 08:47
But my two main questions still remain:
1.How long will it take to build (I'm interested in how realistic building time is in RT compared with, say, moving an army)

2. Will we get to see people working on them?

Sir Jack, I think it's only one castle per realm:(, but I think we get smaller fortifications as well as the main castle:), judging by this thread
http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164
and this picture
http://www.knights-of-honor.net//english/screenshot.php?screenshot=0069&all=0080|0079|0078|0072|0071|0070|0069|0068|0067#/

Henrik
30-01-2004, 16:19
Originally posted by Jorghan
It depends. Perhaps each region atleast has a small keep in the beginning. But I'm quite sure that not every region starts with a castle.

I've gotta go with you on this one - i.e i also strongly believe that some of the villages don't have a castle at the beginning - maybe not even a keep ! then the first "primitive" keep you'll be able to build is the one made from wood.

a thought: maybe they should increse the number of castle levels/grades to six levels/grades instead :scratch: ( or maybe this is a suggestion for KOH2 :p )

Elewyn
31-01-2004, 11:17
It was already said that every town-capital-castle has in the beggining 1st level of castle, so wooden keep

Angryminer
31-01-2004, 14:44
I think some will start with a lvl-1-keep (wodden citadel), some with lvl-1 + palisade, some with lvl 2 or even lvl 4, etc. etc.

Angryminer