PDA

View Full Version : Kingdom Specific Units

Pages : [1] 2

FranzJosef
24-07-2005, 07:58
Is there somewhere I can find a list of the kingdom Specific units, and which kingdoms can make them? I looked around the website, but I cannot seem to find it...

conquestare legionare
24-07-2005, 11:07
there is many , if you got the game just look them up in unit available view.

Kris_stz
24-07-2005, 16:46
Well there's an easier way to find what are the kindom special units.Once you've got a marshal inside simply click on the "Recuit army" button and see what kind of units can you hire.Some will be unavailble but at least you will be able to see what are they and what do you need to build so that you can recuit them.

FranzJosef
25-07-2005, 01:28
Yes, but I'm looking for an external listing...I don't want to have the load the game as every kingdom to find out what units are kingdom specific. I already know which ones I can build.

Kris_stz
25-07-2005, 13:43
Well,that I have no idea were you can find.

Traveller
25-07-2005, 14:35
Check this thread (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?t=3051). I don't guarantee it for sure, but I think it's right...

FranzJosef
25-07-2005, 18:38
That's pretty much I was looking for...but who can build Templars? I don't see them on here.

Xuca
25-07-2005, 19:14
Nobody can build Templars. You can only hire them as province special units.

FranzJosef
25-07-2005, 20:19
Ahh..that makes sense, then. Which provinces?

Xuca
25-07-2005, 21:02
Look the unit mode in the political view. There it will be shown on the map.

Baghera
25-07-2005, 21:51
As a rough guide Templars are built in a couple of provinces in "Spain" a quite a few in "France". There are some other places that tyou may not have expected... best to follow Xuca's advice and look in the political view. Be aware that they may change depending on time period.

FranzJosef
25-07-2005, 22:44
I didn't know about the unit mode, thanks for the advice.

Largefry07
25-07-2005, 23:15
I believe in a mod jersalum has them as a kingdom unit but you'll have to ask some of the other members about that.

maladominus
26-07-2005, 00:20
Ahh..that makes sense, then. Which provinces?

Templars are Province Special Units in...... 3 provinces of central Spain, and several provinces in the Germano-Frankish Rhineland (i.e. between Germany and France)..... especially in the region of The Palatinate (or Lotharingia)

The Palatinate was named (of course) after the original rulers or "Count Palatines", essentially referring to the paladin rulers ---- > holy knights of middle ages. And Templars are an embodiment of the old paladins. Someone can correct me, but I THINK that the original "paladins" came from the empire of Charlemange? But most nerds only know of "paladins" as the holy knights from Dungeons and Dragons and fantasy games. :rofl:

Besides what I mentioned, I do not think Templars can be built anywhere else on the map.

maladominus
26-07-2005, 00:22
FYI

the 3 Spanish provinces that build Templars are Valencia, Toledo and Andalucia. I know this well because I play Aragon and Castilia all the time. And I united Spain once,

However in most games, you MUST grab these provinces away from the Muslim heathens in the first place and then convert them..... since Templars can only be built by catholic nations.

Elvain
26-07-2005, 09:31
I believe in a mod jersalum has them as a kingdom unit but you'll have to ask some of the other members about that.
yes, in HolyRome mod Templars and Hospitaliers are kingdom special unit of Jerusalem. Also availability of Templars is little wider in this mod

btw I'm not sure if Templars are available in Andalucia... :scratch: it was the most islamic spanish province...

Baghera
26-07-2005, 20:27
Someone can correct me, but I THINK that the original "paladins" came from the empire of Charlemange? But most nerds only know of "paladins" as the holy knights from Dungeons and Dragons and fantasy games. :rofl:

I can't correct you since you are bang on. If people want a little more info go to the wikipedia here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paladin

Largefry07
26-07-2005, 21:17
Templars are Province Special Units in...... 3 provinces of central Spain,

Sorry but your wrong. Only two provinces have the ability to create templars.
Toledo and Valencia.

Kris_stz
27-07-2005, 08:38
I'll be natural on this one.But how can old kingdoms be united once more.Like Scotland.What must I do to reunite the old kindom?

Baghera
27-07-2005, 20:20
There are a few threads scattered around on reuniting kingdoms this but nothing complete has been put forward. Basically each uninting quest can only be started from specific province(s). Once the conditions are met (usually possess certain provinces and eliminate certain factions) you have the option of uniting the Kingdom. Uniting rewards you in some way (usually just cash, but can also give you kingdom power, additional provinces, put you at war with other factions...)

eg. Scotland.. start as Highlands or Lothian in any time period. Eliminate Highlands or Lothian factions (depending on which one you are). Have control of Highlands and Lothian provinces. Reward is ???? gold.

To get the complete list and details you have to unpak a specific file that is mentioned somewhere in the Modding forum.