PDA

View Full Version : New units???

Shadda
25-07-2005, 10:12
New to game...just got it today.

WEll anyways, i have all i need for upgrade swordsman and spearman but not given the option to create them? I dont get it how do i get that option?

Also i can't seem to find anyone making leather. Any quick way to find out?

Any help would be appreciated, oh ya and i'm playing as Wales if that helps.

Thanks

Elvain
25-07-2005, 10:39
you want to upgrade swordsman to heavy swordsman? it's impossible.

Each province has some units available there. They require some buildings. Build those, but whatever you do, it won't change units availability. If you want heavy swordsmen, look at units filter map in political view and conquer a province where they are available or play a kingdom that has them as kingdom special units(like Wales has Longbowmen)

Kris_stz
25-07-2005, 13:47
Oh,its possible allright.But to upgrade them you need to play with Austria,but you need some specific building to build to gain them.Also if you need lather got to the map and click on the jewel on the bottom right and then click on the lather and you'll se where you can get lather.Do you know where to get exotic good?

Shadda
25-07-2005, 14:16
I dont know where to get or how exotic goods.

So basically i am stuck with the swordman, pikeman, peasant, and longbowman???

No matter what facilities i upgrade and armors i build...that seems a little assnine and pointless doesnt it?

Xuca
25-07-2005, 14:59
Oh,its possible allright.But to upgrade them you need to play with Austria,but you need some specific building to build to gain them.Also if you need lather got to the map and click on the jewel on the bottom right and then click on the lather and you'll se where you can get lather.Do you know where to get exotic good?
No, heavy swordsmen are not an upgrade of swordsmen, they are separate units. You can't upgrade a swordsman from your army to heavy swordsman, and if you can train heavy swordsmen, you still can train basic swordsmen. And you don't need leather for them.
I dont know where to get or how exotic goods.
To get an exotic good, build an admirality, click on your town and there will be a golden anchor. Click on it, and you'll be able to import an exotic good. They cost 5000 gold + additional upkeep, and it takes 1-2 min for them to arrive. But you need them only for knigdom advantages, and not for units.
So basically i am stuck with the swordman, pikeman, peasant, and longbowman???

No matter what facilities i upgrade and armors i build...that seems a little assnine and pointless doesnt it?
No, you can hire better units, only not in Wales. In most of Europe you can hire man at arms, in northern Germany heavy swordsmen, in south Germany and Rome halbierders etc. Just expand a little and you'll find them. You can also click in your political view on a helmet icon and see where are which units available.

Shadda
25-07-2005, 15:04
So right now theres no point in upgrading my swords/axe/spear smithy's as well as my armor buildings?

Baghera
25-07-2005, 22:05
Bingo. You may want to use that province to build other types of buildings... say trade goods if you have a province advantage there.

Kris_stz
26-07-2005, 08:35
Well there's a point of upgrading them.When they are upgraded you can incresase your seige atrraction.But doese it take other cash for the exotic goods to come again?

Elvain
26-07-2005, 09:35
exotic gods have no connection to buildings except admirality which is basic requirement to get exotics. You have it kinda messed up, don't ya?

Kris_stz
26-07-2005, 09:38
I am away from my computer and I am using my moms working computer at her work.Here in this forums I foun out all about exotic goods but I found out what I needed about the exotic goods.Thanks all that you helped me.