PDA

View Full Version : River battles.

Xazax
25-07-2005, 14:23
I just wanted to know how does it decide who's attacking and who's defending. I some just sit by a river waiting for them to come to me but it turns out that im attacking. Is there a way it decides or completely random?

Illuminatus!
25-07-2005, 19:08
It's probably tied to where exactly you sit on or near the river. Unless someone knows where the center-point/measuring point of a given army in the strat view is, it's just a matter of eyeballing it. :sick:

Wolfgrin
09-08-2005, 19:57
I end up on the attack every time, too, whether I'm completely off of the river or completely astride it.

Baghera
09-08-2005, 20:25
I have only been involved in about a half dozen river battles so far, but all have been on the defensive (sitting high up on the banks with the ballista towers) even though I simply clicked on Marshal to attack opposing army each time then let him move to intercept. :scratch:

maladominus
10-08-2005, 02:03
The river crossings work for me all the time. This is what I do:

I sit my army (actually fortify) on the OTHER side of a river, and the enemy army is very close and it starts to pursue me. I let the enemy cross the river. I remain still in my fortification. And most of the time, this results in me being the defender, so I get a huge Defender Bonus.