PDA

View Full Version : [Idea] Found your own kingdom!

Angryminer
29-01-2004, 21:54
I think it would be fun if the player was able to enter the game as a kingdomless-king. He has some troops gathered around him and now he's looking for some neat realm to found a kingdom. To give the player a good start, he's granted a small pile of extra-money and a spy.
He is given the prefix "Rebel" and is on a very bad relation with all nations, so he has to be rather quick in his attempt to become king, or he will be killed by the other king's armies.
Of course it would be a very bad idea to attack for example one of france's realms, because he would be attacked by france immediately. But he could attack some smaller nation like Aragon ( greetings to our friends in that "What's the true name of Aragon"-topic (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=384) ) and gain the prefix "King" when he's successfull.
This would make it possible to have even those kingdoms the KoH map doesn't feature, because they were too dependent/small.

Angryminer

Darius
29-01-2004, 22:11
you mean like some kind of "extra" senario?
but would be quite fun, and a challange..

Angryminer
29-01-2004, 22:16
When you begin a new game you will have to choose a nation - then there should be a small box to check if you want to begin as a rebell-leader. If you check it, you can choose the realm where you want to begin your career as a rebell and you'll start in the center of another king's realm :D .

Angryminer

Darius
29-01-2004, 22:19
hmm... does sounds like a cool option... but do you think the devs approve?

Angryminer
29-01-2004, 22:21
Depends on the way they programmed the game.
The one way it could be easy to implement, the other way it'd be impossible without redoing 50% of the work...

Let's hope ;) .

Angryminer

Darius
29-01-2004, 22:26
let's hope we get a quick answer from the devs...
it's a great idea, and could be really fun :D

Castle Kingside
29-01-2004, 22:50
Well, when you think about it, this would be little different than actually starting with a kingdom; if anything, it would just slow things down unnecessarily because you end up with a kingdom either way. As such, I don't see much merit in it, other than as an extra feature; but, again, you end up in the same position regardless (assuming that you actually succeed in capturing a kingdom as a rebel lord).

Not a bad idea, though.

Angryminer
29-01-2004, 22:55
No, really not the same possition.
Please pay attention to this sentence:
"This would make it possible to have even those kingdoms the KoH map doesn't feature, because they were too dependent/small."
If Ireland isn't an own country - lead Ireland to freedom!!!

Angryminer

Castle Kingside
29-01-2004, 23:20
All I meant to say was that starting out as a rebel lord that goes on to steal a kingdom eventually puts you in the same position as starting out with your own kingdom (you just have to wait a little longer). What you said about those factions that were too dependent/small to have their own land is more of an issue of historical accuracy than it is of gameplay.

Speking of gameplay, though, it would indeed be interesting to be able to start out as an underdog and work your way up in that manner.

Henrik
29-01-2004, 23:28
i'm also for this extra feature, coz starting as a rebel and take over a kingdom wil certainly get you lot of enemies from the start - i assume that the kingdom you "steal" will have a few allies and they will probably try to overthrow you and reinstate the old royalfamily back to the throne.

So let's have this feature also :p

Haegemon
30-01-2004, 06:25
Originally posted by Angryminer
...( greetings to our friends in that "What's the true name of Aragon"-topic (http://forum.sunflowers.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=384) ) and gain the prefix "King" when he's successfull.
This would make it possible to have even those kingdoms the KoH map doesn't feature, because they were too dependent/small.

Angryminer

Thanxxxs a lot to you, to remeber us... :o
That were a hard work typing...:D

Elewyn
30-01-2004, 11:19
I think that it's good idea. But then you should have also an option to chose where you will start(You wanna conquer e.i. Transylvania, but your armies started in Portugal :D).

Henrik's thoughts were good. You will have lot of enemies, but think about one more. You must have army strong enugh to conquer a land with no homeland, so then probably stronger than other players have in the beggining of game, so it's strong advantage.

But YES for this option.

Angryminer
30-01-2004, 11:44
@Elewyn:
When you begin a new game you will have to choose a nation - then there should be a small box to check if you want to begin as a rebell-leader. If you check it, you can choose the realm where you want to begin your career as a rebell and you'll start in the center of another king's realm and ... To give the player a good start, he's granted a small pile of extra-money and a spy. I always like helping people find information. Perhaps I should change my nick to "Google" :D .

Angryminer

Bora
30-01-2004, 17:37
actually i know it WAS planed that you start in chosen region with a little realm and you have to form you country/kingdom,... but i dont know if that idea stil exists.

the idea to start as king without kingdom with an army and to conquer region by region, sounds more like stronghold ;)

or sounds like king richards brother john "ohneland"

Haegemon
30-01-2004, 18:20
Could be fine start like a little noble, not necessary, start like a rebel...This will solve the problem of the beginning coz you will have a homeland. :)

ArmosaDrako
05-02-2004, 02:42
I like this idea, I think it should be an option.